Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elven names

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Elven names

Discussion thread for Elven names. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've added the Elven names from the card insert. Could someone who is actually knows Irish fill in the other pronounciations? I can guess at a few that weren't included, but I'd rather not write it in and be found to be wrong!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Discussion thread for Elven names. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
    elven names are already listed on the elven page Elves, Cerilian http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...es%2C_Cerilian as are dwarven, http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...Cerilian#Names
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you want to merge them, go ahead. My question was about the pronounciation guides, which the main Elven article doesn't include.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has this already been done?

I wouldn't mind helping with Irish pronunciation.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but the Elven names to me sounded more Welsh than Irish.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are plenty of elves, and they have had a long time to gain accents - so welsh or irish should both be good, and a pronunciation guide would be great for people like me who don't know the difference)

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I have totally forgotten about, for example, Allanalaigh. That could pass as Irish.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could gladly help with Welsh as well...though Irish is easiest for me.

Both are of the same root language; with Welsh being a bit more difficult to pronounce at times (for me at least).

I could instead simply take a list given me, and then simply make a pronunciation guide for both.

If someone emails me the list, I'll hammer it out and then email it back to be posted. I'm fine using email; but most other computer things (like the Wiki stuff) is not something I'm practiced in at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or you could just click the link in my first post in this thread

Male
    Áedán, Áed, Ailbhe, Ailill, Ailín, Aingael, Aislin, Aithne, Allanleigh (al-LAN-lay), Ardghal, Barreight, Biorach, Bláthnat, Brígh, Brónach, Bruibevann, Braedonnal, Byrnwbhie (BUR-noo-vee), Cadgwogawn, Caelcormac, Caellach, Cairbre, Calraath, Caoilfhionn, Caoimhín, Caolán, Cathair, Cathál, Cathán, Cearbhall, Ceincorinn, Cian, Ciardha, Colmán, Conall, Conan, Conchobhar, Conláed, Conleth, Connal, Conrí, Conannelaght (koh-NAN-ne-lach), Corvwyn, Comhghán, Cormac, Cuán, Cuchulainn, Daegandal, Deaglán, Dáire, Daithí, Dálaigh, Damháin, Dara, Darochinn, Delwynndwn (del-WIN-doon), Derwyndal, Deoradháin, Devlyn, Donnachaidh, Donnabhain, Dubhghall (doy-al), Dubhghlas, Eachann, Eagandigh, Eamonnal, Eidirsceoil, Erghwen, Fiellnn, Finn, Fionnbharr, Gannelganwn (gan-nel-gan-NOON), Garradh, Glyngrean, Lachlan, Lynn, Merwyndin, Morgan, Niall (NYE-ull), Rhannoch, Rhuobhe (ROVE), Rhaal, Rhys, Riordan, Seabharinn (she-VAR-in), Siele, Sliebheinn (slay-VEEN), Talerdigh, Tuall.

Female
    Ailien, Alliena, Ardenna, Ashleight, Audreeana, Breeana, Brigyte, Briona, Bronwyn, Caitlannagh (kate-LAN-nay), Camrynnyd, Caileight, Dannagh, Deirdre, Duana, Erinn, Fiona, Finnegwyn, Glynna, Gwenyth, Gwenneigr (gwen-NEER), Iyaell, Leeana, Llewellyn, Mawrmaval (MOOR-ma-val), Maeghan, Maebhe, Mhiellwynn, Niobhe, Nysneirdre (nis-NEER-drey), Rhiannon, Rhondal, Rhuann, Shielynn, Sinead (she-NAYD), Siobhan (sheh-VAWN), Tuanala.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Thread Information