Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone can edit them.

If you know there is a good link, say to Tarazin the gray, then just edit the red link to "Tarazin the gray" instead of just "Tarazin".

Downloads
    Uploads

redirecting Tarazin

"Tarazin the grey" is the title of a page so it is blue. "Tarazin" is not the name of any existing page so it is red. However, in BR there is only one creature of note called Tarazin, so it can be assumed that both these wiki links would always be talking about the same creature and hence the same page. Likewise, the dragon is euqlly commonly called by both the long and short version of its name. This means that it is not worth our time and worry to go through the wiki and make sure that all links are "Tarazin the grey".

So what can any editors do? The simple answer for situations like this is to make "Tarazin" into a #redirect link. This way, whenever it is clicked on, the reader will be redirected to "Tarazin the grey". Simple.

You have to be careful that you don't have too many redirects, especially not for plural forms of nouns, but they can be really helpful.

I'll fix "Tarazin" to show you (cf. http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...n&redirect=no).

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Thank you, I am still getting the hang of the editing and creating new pages I appreciate your help, I guess I should take the time to read the help faq. Of course even finding the time to be here is sacrificing sleep (er I think that's the word for it when you shut your eyes and rejuvenate your body) due to working 92 hours at my place of employment this week alone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOWZA! I left the community of D&D and Birthright sometime back to pursue miniatures games in other aspects. We have our first RPG game in I have no idea how long scheduled for 3/6/08. I waxed sentimental and came back to see if things were still alive here. I was floored at the progress and the depth of content and professionalism in presentation of material in the wiki.

A+ work folks.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawgiver View Post
    WOWZA! I left the community of D&D and Birthright sometime back to pursue miniatures games in other aspects. We have our first RPG game in I have no idea how long scheduled for 3/6/08. I waxed sentimental and came back to see if things were still alive here. I was floored at the progress and the depth of content and professionalism in presentation of material in the wiki.

A+ work folks.
    hehe thnx, since we added the wiki last year, alot of stuff has been posted indeed.
    good to see you back LG
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

hi everybody.
    (after a long period of 'lost in space', thanks Mycrosoft, i come back ).

i saw the wiki and...wouaa, it's a very great works !!!
    it is a well of knowledge, good job!!!

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A suggestion:

Every single wiki page which gets created seems to also have a forum thread created for it. This thread is totally contentless at first, it merely says "Discussion thread for Foo (link to Foo). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button."

Is there any chance this could happen a slightly different way? Say, not create a thread for a wiki page until someone actually wants to discuss it, or else not send that initial contentless post to the birthright-l list? Any subsequent discussion is interesting, but that first post is silly.

This has always been odd, but lately it's been over the top. Looking at this forum right now, the vast majority of the threads in the last few days have 0 content. Not too bad for the forum, because they just sit here, but for those of us on the email list, it's just a barrage of contentless email.

Link to THIS1
    Link to THIS2
    Link to THIS3

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DanMcSorley View Post
    Is there any chance this could happen a slightly different way? Say, not create a thread for a wiki page until someone actually wants to discuss it, or else not send that initial contentless post to the birthright-l list?
    You have to hit the discussion button to send this to the list, and unless its an accident, the discussant does post an actual message. The problem is when someone accidentally hits the button or hits the button to see what is behind the curtain.

The "empty links" you are referring to are not empty, the include links to a downloadable file from the old atlas team to be used for the wiki.

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DanMcSorley View Post
    Is there any chance this could happen a slightly different way? Say, not create a thread for a wiki page until someone actually wants to discuss it, or else not send that initial contentless post to the birthright-l list? Any subsequent discussion is interesting, but that first post is silly.

Thanks.
    Dan,

So far the wiki hasnt been generating much threads at all, most of them were put on moderated since many who pushed the discussion tab were new members. so they never actually reached the mailing list.

Actually the what you call "irritating" messages you were getting lately (posted by Wilenburg) are actually own new made posts and were not! generated by the wiki.
    He actually posted things himself to share and open it for discussion!.
    (so yes, these will be send to the list!)

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:39 PM, BRadmin wrote:
    > Dan,
    >
    > So far the wiki hasnt been generating much threads at all, most of them were put on moderated since many who pushed the discussion tab were new members. so they never actually reached the mailing list.
    >
    >
    > Actually the what you call "irritating" messages you were getting lately (posted by Wilenburg) are actually own new made posts and were not! generated by the wiki.
    > He actually posted things himself to share and open it for discussion!.
    > (so yes, these will be send to the list!)

Yeah, when I looked at some of the threads on the site it seems he was
    attaching files to a bunch of threads and posting them. Those files
    didn`t come across in email (thank goodness), so it just looked to me
    like "nothing" was being posted. Thanks for the explanation.

--
    Daniel McSorley

Thread Information