Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Awnsheghlien easely to wipe ?

Hello all

i'am new in Birthright ,Fisrt thing you make great job with the 3 edition .

I have one question for me the spiderfell and Rhubhe look tiny place simple

to crush.

I don't unsterdand the treat that they represent .

They seem weak (not a big army , for the Spider his forest can burn ,and

Rhubhe is near the biggest realm in Anuire Boeruine and Avanil.

So for myself this 2 Awnsheghliens don't still continue to exist after few turn .

As a GM i would like to avoid that , Any GM can give me any tip to make

them not so weak ?

Or i miss something about this 2 Awnsheghliens ?

Thank to help

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a recurring topic of questions. One thread where this is discussed is here. In general the Spider is considered to have a near invicible defensive place, because of his connection to spiders and the density and tenor of the forest that is the Spiderfell. How dangerous he is to a realm is really a function of how well prepared you are.
    Last edited by kgauck; 04-23-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While Rhuobhe can disappear behind a warding for centuries without needing to worry - very few could breach his wards...

Also, while you can kill their troops, killing the awnshegh is a far harder task - the spider is unkillable and Rhuobhe is a killing machine second only to the Gorgon or possibly a dragon. Who wants the awnshegh leaving a burned empty realm to seek them out personally - far better to have the awnshegh lording over a handful of followers in some worthless woods far far away

Plus if Rhuobhe dies Avan and Boeruine will be at war almost immediately - the pass is the easiest way from one to the other, so clearing it would be politically unwise unless as preparation for a major conflict.

One thing I think isn't stressed enough is that there's a delicate balance in Anuirea. IE, if I'm ruling Roesone, I probably -could- take over the Spiderfell, but Ghoere would take the chance to invade.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if I'm playing Endier or an adjacent realm to the Spiderfell in the PC game, one of the first things I do is assassinate the Spider.

The only I've actually played Endier ingame was as a Goblin guilder who came from the Spiderfell and was adopted gy Guilder Kalien, so we were much non-hostile to each other! (Strange story!)

The Spider can only be permanently killed by burning him and mixing the ashes with salt... at least, that's what my memory's telling me. It may be from one of the player's secrets books or Blood Enemies.

Regardless, with so many minions he's a tough nut to crack.
    Look for me by moonlight
    Watch for me by moonlight
    I'll come to thee by moonlight
    Though Hell should bar the way

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is also, at least in The manslayers case the Movement rules for invading armies (Even if he did not ward the province) in 3E Birthright the only troops that could move through a mountainous province with less than a three developement and lacking a constructed highway are units with the scout designation or Dwarves. As there are no Dwarven armies hanging about in Avanil, Beoruine or Tuornen it would be left to Human scout units to penetrait the manslayers defenses.

As all elvish units are scouts the Manslayer can move about quite freely in comparison to human units. Standard Anuirean Scouts are useful but of little value against a mixed Elvish force with the (Likely) advantage of terrain. Certainly the Manslayer has little in the way of cash to provide a large army, but if you consider that the elves that follow the Manslayer may be on the more savage/primal side the G.M. could use the optional tribal unit rules to suppliment the forces he pays if the Manslayer comes under attack. A bloody and expensive proposition all in all and so just more convient to leave the manslayer to trouble all your potential rivals as much as he troubles you...
    Last edited by Dcolby; 04-24-2007 at 11:31 PM.
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Well, if I'm playing Endier or an adjacent realm to the Spiderfell in the PC game, one of the first things I do is assassinate the Spider.

The only I've actually played Endier ingame was as a Goblin guilder who came from the Spiderfell and was adopted gy Guilder Kalien, so we were much non-hostile to each other! (Strange story!)
    In the PC game Endier controls the source of Spiderfell...I think it is not very realistic,however with the source you can cast mass destruction against the spider or you can raze his lair.

You also have to remember the Spider has the ability to control spiders. In his realm there are albino spiders the size of about a fingernail. Likely millions of them. They are poisonous, save or die, and likely even if you save.... sick for along time. Not to mention the giant spiders and everything in between. The only way to even get to him, would indeed be likely to burn the whole forest to the ground, I'm sure that the surrounding provinces would really love dealing with the spread of fire and smoke.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorogood Roele View Post
    You also have to remember the Spider has the ability to control spiders. In his realm there are albino spiders the size of about a fingernail. Likely millions of them. They are poisonous, save or die, and likely even if you save.... sick for along time.
    Immunity to poison isn't such a problem. You only need to be a druid of 9th level, member of one of several PrCs (like Celestial Mystic or Contemplative) or otherwise protected (spell etc.) and poisenous spiders are no hazard for you. Combine it with some kind of DR (through template, blood ability, spell or whatever) and even millions of them don't deal one point of damage to you...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Thread Information