Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magical Sword

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am debating on Boeruine's sword named Kingsbane to have the quality of a tighmaevril weapon. In truth I think it balances the forces of opposition between Avan and Boeruine. Being 12th level Boeruine can become a grand master with his bastard sword, thus making direct combat with him deadly and would explain the encounter he had with Rhoubhe from the Ruins of Empire book.

This does give him an edge over Avan and many DMs would think it is too much so I am wondering what would you do as a DM to counter this.

I am not say that his sword is tighmaevril just that its enchantment gives it the effects of this type of weapon.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you make the weapon truly tighmaevril (and there is no evidence anywhere that actually was) I am not sure how your enchantments make it similar. Bloodsilver allows the killer of a scion or regent to gain one-half the victims bloodline strength to his own bloodline and sever the tie between land and king. What enchantments would match it? Even an enchantment that improves the wielders ability to pierce through the heart would only help with normal bloodtheft. I know of no enchantments that would mimic the abilities of tighmaevril and I would have a problem with it. There were only a dozen tighmaevril weapons ever made, allowing someone to cast enchantments that mimic these powerful weapons would set any campaign off balance. If Boeruine can have a sword like that then anyone with a wizard friend can to. However, if you wanted to make Boeruine's sword one of the dozen then I couldn't argue as much!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why not let him have a thightmaril weapon. There are a dozen in the world and it is alright to let a human have one.

The gorgon has reputaded 6.

Have ya any thought where are the others?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What actually gave me the idea in the first place for this was Grimm Greybeards battleaxe Orogbane which acts like a tighmaevril weapon.

From this I took it further with Kingsbane. I would of course only allow this for landed regents. I think it would be a fair limitation and also fit his character as a very explosive and dangerous opponent.

As far as the enchantments required I could not say as I haven't gotten into that. Actually I would make it very expensive to create but this sounds like you are refering to the 3E rules and my P&P campaign is not using them. I do not allow my wizards to come up with tones of magical items like the effemenant Forgotten Realms Setting where they abound like blades of grass. I would also make this sword unique and not repeatable, well not easily.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh one more thing, if I do know how to spell tighmaevril without the book I think you can give me the credit to know what it does so you don't have to explain it to me as if I am only seeing it for the first time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Given the world you have created it makes sense. It just wouldn't work when you are using 3e rules because there would be to many of these types of weapons unbalancing the game. I think then for your world having it be like a tighmaevril weapon would be ok.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Eldred,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to explain what a tighmaevril weapon was about. I personally was unfamiliar and appreciate the background information.
    This is an adventure dammit! I expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Eldred,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to explain what a tighmaevril weapon was about. I personally was unfamiliar and appreciate the background information.

Please!!!!!!
    Lord Shaene puts on his boots, "Chioron, heres a wash cloth, you got something brown sticking to your nose"
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't need to hear it from either of you.

As far as the reference to what Magian was saying, Magian how would I know you were spelling the word without looking in the book. Also perhaps you forgot what you had read awhile back. My point was the rulebook had made a ruling on the subject we were talking about! In addition, you are not the only one reading these posts and I think what Chioran was trying to point out is that there may be people out there that appreciated the description!

All in all Magian I was not trying to offend you, I was merely trying to have an educated discussion.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

Lord Eldred,

Please!!!!!!
    Lord Shaene puts on his boots, "Chioron, heres a wash cloth, you got something brown sticking to your nose"
    You should talk Shaene. Sometimes I wonder if that nose of yours is permanently stained.
    This is an adventure dammit! I expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide!

Thread Information