Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heraldry

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks better.

I have a SL of Heraldry books sitting on my shelf, English and International. I just happened to have Friar's book by my computer last night.

I believe there was a very good sourcebook someplace, Kalamar or Greyhawk maybe, that included a whole bunch of coats of arms and symbols already done up. I'm sure you could find some great examples to use in there.

Sorry, can't remember the exact title, but maybe someone else will

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hirumatogeru View Post
    I believe there was a very good sourcebook someplace, Kalamar or Greyhawk maybe
    I have arms from Kalamar and someplace in the Realms, but I don't think we need those. They are basically identical to historical arms, except the proportion of fantastic creatures was higher and the number of cadence marks was lessor.

I was able to distribute both historical and player-requested arms for an on-line role playing community of nearly a hundred players in a 14th century game, each blazon of standard size and color scheme.

As someone noted, there are more animals and naturalistic symbols in Anuire (and I think throughout Cerilia) so it will take me some time to offer examples of some of the other realms. I do have arms with fantastic beasts, like griffons, dragons, and others I cannot recall off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post

The charge is centered a bit more. I brought this a little more into the standard colors I use. I have an awful lot of these, mostly historical.
    Looking good.

So... at this point we can whip up some coats-of-arms for the rest of the 'unknown' nations and add the compiled list to the Downloads section?(clearly marking the non-canon ones as such)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking at the Sword and the Crown, Boeruine's CoA is definitely Lions combatant. The only error I made was placement of the crown. Though I think it makes more sense at the point of honor than at the base.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is Boeruine, though I am not clear where the crown belongs. I can make tounge and claws Or if that is more accurate.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is a version of a hart I had available. Scanning the Ruins and going from there would be a little more photoshop intensive. I do like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you depicted the Crown at the point of honour, that would place the crown above the fighting lions.

If you placed the crown as it appears in The Sword and Crown, it would appear below the lions. I think it makes more sense above. It doesn't appear in the Ruins of Empire, only the lions do.

So you could probably leave it as is.

You could arm (claws) and langue (tongue) argent too or make them gold. They don't have to be a different color.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the arms of O'Carroll, Sable, two lions rampant, combatant Argent, armed and langued, Gules, Supporting a sword paleways, point upwards, Or. It was only after I posted the arms did I realize I left them armed and langued gules.

Thread Information