Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on a question regarding pillaging I present the following situation and propose the subsequent questions.

Situation: A regent starts with 3 GBs, collects taxes at the start of the Domain Turn. During the first two Domain Actions the regent spends all of the collected funds. During the third domain action three of the regent's five provinces are invaded and occupied. These three provinces originally generated 12 GBs in tax income. According to the rules of conquest and occupation: ''A province under enemy control generates no taxation, collection, or regency for the province ruler.''

Questions:
    -Does occupation take effect in the current Domain Turn?
    -If the occupation takes place in the current Domain turn,
    does this mean that all or some of the 12 GBs the provinces would have generated that domain turn are voided?
    -How can the collected taxes be voided if they are already spent?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good questions. I imagine that aspect of the occupation doesn't take effect until the next domain turn, because that's when the regent would next collect taxes from his populace.
    "I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a serving man untill the lightning falls!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    If taxes are collected on January first which is right at the beginning of the first month (domain action) and the provinces are taken over on February 28th for the last month (domain action) then there would be no gold bars lost because the money had already collected and spent. However, if you argue that the money is collected over a period of time with 1/3 collected a month, then 1/3 of the income is lost and thus 1/3 of the bills are unpaid and therefore the DM may have to adjust something that supposedly happened. Personally I think the money is collected before the domain actions actually start.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I avoid the question altogether and don't levy taxes.

Much.
    This is an adventure dammit! I expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide!

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, taxes are not retroactively voided. The regent would be in for some serious financial trouble next turn, though.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as the provinces are occupied, their (rightful) regent can't collect GB or RP for the provinces (or his holdings there).

The guy occupying the provinces can pillage them if he wants, but this reduces their level. At the beginning of the next domain turn, the guy occupying the provinces can tax the provinces at whatever their current level happens to be (just in case he did pillage them), but he would have to invest them to be able to collect RP for them.

No, occupying a province doesn't void previous taxation there; would you also allow the guy whose army conquered the provinces levy retroactive law claims against the holdings within them? How about giving refunds to regents whose holdings in those occupied provinces had law claims made against them under the actual regent of the provinces? At some point, you have to say that things actually happen in the order in which they *did* happen and leave things as they have previously been played.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want my opinion, the regent who just had one of his provinces plundered by an invading army should be more concerned by the invading army then his financial difficulties... Just a thought.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Thread Information