Hi !

Long ago a I played a very pleasant birthright campaign. Now, I am DMing in the Forgotten Realms, more precisely in Tethyr which is very King-like realm. There are Duchies and Counties that looks like Domain and Province.

I was looking to incorporate the birthright d20 3.5 in this realm because my characters are now becoming powerful enough to rule a part of the country. But some questions rose.

Looking in the birthright book, i see that a GB is roughly equivalent to 2,000 GP and I wondered how easily it would be for a PC to bring 2,000 GP, and construct a law or guild holding. Looking at standard DMG stats... well dosen't quite fit...

So, now for simplicity I would love to use birthright but I fear that it would be too easy for my PC to rule the entire domain by pouring there many gold pieces ! And that it would be more lucrative to start a Guild than using DMG2 rules for commerce.

I was wondering if somebody fumble in the same nightmare as I and how he survived in creating rules for Governing PCs or a way to use Birthright ?

thanks