Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by DanMcSorley
    There`s a passage in Ruins of Empire which mentions how Brosengae (I believe) is a center for diplomacy and a plum diplomatic assignment; I`ve often thought that an equivalent body of gossiping envoys might be better found there, than in the Imperial City.
    They talk about Ilien in similar ways, from memory. I think that the Imperial City becomes pretty popular because it is "neutral". I certainly like the idea of other centres becoming major diplomatic centres though. This could be a pretty interesting non-military goal for the right sort of player, actually.

It works as well as any other narrative convention. Without something like it, PBEM would consist of merely submitting your turns, not much roleplaying at all.
    I understand the neccessity for a justification for a forum in a PBeM game, I am just inclined to use ones that gel more with my sense of Anuire. You've suggested Brosengae as an alternative, which I think is interesting. I'm actually personally interested in trying a large number of more or less restricted forums for PBeM - so that there is more of a disruption to the flow of information and reliance upon in-game networks of information-gathering.

In my table-top games I have tried to reduce the players ability to gather information through meta-game channels. I'd be curious about how this goes in a PBeM, which has technological mechanisms to control it more effectively.
    Last edited by Trithemius; 04-03-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    John 'Trithemius' Machin
    The Other John From Dunedin (now in Canberra)
    "Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall
    Of course those familiar with Terry Pratchets semaphore towers could use those instead...
    I had some heliograph towers in a game set along the Zhainge River? I figured that the Khinasi might enjoy having to engage in complex cryptography in order to keep their communications secure.
    John 'Trithemius' Machin
    The Other John From Dunedin (now in Canberra)
    "Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Thread Information