Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering if someone could tell me about any special rules for a wizard contesting another’s source – whether this is from some official source (sadly I do not have the Book of Magecraft) or something you’ve developed in your own campaign.

It seems the basic rules just make it much like contesting any other type of law or guild source. It strikes me that displacing a Wizard’s connection to the source of his realm magic might involve something more interesting…

Any takers?
    Power is not forcing someone to do your bidding.
    It is making them do so believing it is their own desire...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... I see what you mean. I think it depends really on how the contesting wizzard goes about it, and what manner of defenses the owning regent has in effect.

I don't think I would impose anything special if the owning regent didn't specifically state he set "Ley Traps" or something. Otherwise, the contestor is sticking his hand in a bag I think. ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ravidell for the thoughts. Are there any rules on 'Ley traps' or is this just an idea you're exploring?
    Power is not forcing someone to do your bidding.
    It is making them do so believing it is their own desire...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It might be cool that if someone tried to take over a source, the source brings the owner and the contester into a magical arena. The winner of the match either through death or conceding would mean either the contest had success or failed.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Thread Information