Hybrid View

Birthright on rpol.net...maybe?

I'm thinking about starting a game there after Easter (mid-April) but I want to get a sense of interest and 'scope'. I'm often torn myself between a more purely strategic (Realm Ruler) roleplay and a more adventure-driven game with the setting as a backdrop.

If I went strategic, I was thinking that I might streamline the rules & domain actions for ease of play, and provide all the major players with Tolkien-esque Palantir seeing stones to ease the continuity of communications, and enforce a real-time deadline of one domain turn per week with a resolution phase following every third week.

For more traditional D&D 3.5 roleplay...I dunno. The PC might just start as regular folks, or related to regents, but not regents themselves.

Anyway, just trying to get a sense of who, if anyone, would play a strategic game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested, especially in the more strategic approach

I'll be glad to jump in too, providing that Strategic gaming is retained...

116 views and only 2 responses?

Does no one play this anymore & only talk about it?

To have a solid strategic game, need a minimum of 10 players if we're doing all of Ainure, 5 if it's a regional - and that's if we limit it to regents only!

20 player regents makes a good Ainure; 15 makes for a regional with guilders/high priests, etc. 30+ makes an Ainure strategic with guilders etc. I put a feeler out on RPOL.net as well, and there's likely a few there too...

But I was hoping for more comment here...

Very Interested

I am very interested in both proposals, but im more inclined to the strategic approuch.

Every time i see a new game, it is already full'

If this game happens, i would like very much to be in

I might be wrong, but I guess that most of people here are waiting to see what comes up eventually before stepping in. There have been campaigns, planned, announced even started but ran for a very short time.

Thread Information