Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just wondering..

Are chapters 3 to 9 still undergoing revision or is their current version the only one we'll ever have? (simply curious)

I'd like to know that myself, as well as if the Atlas is still being worked on.

Are things stuck in their current form, or are there advancements being made to look forward to and make things more complete.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Birthright community is looking forward to a change in the format that BR material is presented in. Its a little less authorotative, because there is less "official" content, but much, much more content because its more colaborative.

Its possible that this more open, colaborative approach will actually increase the "official content" because individual sections could still be sanctioned, and included in a pdf.

Its also possible that with more colaborators, the BR community will have to be a little bit selective about individual players and DM's take into their own games.

Instead of trying to make everything official and sanctioned, the emphasis has been more on getting high quality, usable content into a wiki style organization.

We're hoping that at the very least the official pdf version of the BRCS will continue to provide a sanctioned campaign setting for Birthright, and at best the wiki approach will substantially propell and improve the pdf version.

It sounds like you're saying this project has been mostly dumped and any real hope of a completely finished and official version of the BRCS and an Atlas.

Instead we will have a chaotic fusion of constantly changing ideas and interpretations...

I hope this is not the case...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The team working on the pdf and the atlas are presumably still doing so. If the wiki produces nothing useful, they will plod along as they have been doing.

If the other project produces useful material, they can sanction it and put in the an official BRCS document.

People producing content is people producing content. The difference is the speed at which something workable can be produced.

It may be that the wiki process will have to be tweaked and adjusted as it goes along, but as the original inquiry indicates, the official sanctioned version was taking forever.

I wonder why it's taking so long? However, yes, something that progresses faster, even if temporary would be a good thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anything you would like to see that you feel is missing?

I'm just waiting for maps of the world that are easy to use for provinces and the like rather than just general maps.

Though that might be better done as some kind of program.

Also, I'm waiting for more goblinoid information (but that's just a personal fanboyish thing as I love goblinoids)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahvin
    Is there anything you would like to see that you feel is missing?
    The final version of chapt. 3 to 9 would be nice

I would like to suggest dumping the current Birthright 3ed revision file and replacing it with a new file regrouping the 3.5 draft version of chapt.1 to 9.

I know that if I hadn't downloaded the individual chapters as well as the assembled file, I wouldn't have noticed the big differences between the two.

Since we're talking playtest version in both cases, we might as well use the 3.5 one.

RAR file?

Sorry, I'm new here and this is slightly OT but what is the difference between the downloaded individual chapter pdf files and the assembled rar file?

I downloaded the rar file but my computer could not read it. What program does it use?

Thread Information