Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not the same thing Shaene. Just because you have been in the presence of a shade before, does not mean that this new shade sense ability is equivalent to past experience.

Lets put this in different terms. Lets say that you have been in the presence of gold before. You get this tingling sensation when you are in the presence of it. Kind of like if you had bumped your funny bone, zapped a nerve, or something similar. All of the sudden you have this ability to detect gold although you can't see it, but you are not aware of this ability. The ability manifests itself in a tingling sensation.

So you are walking along and you feel this tingling sensation, but you look around and don't see anything. "Hmm, why am I tingling? Did I pass to close to an EMF? That's odd."

Let's say that this happens to you a couple of times over the course of a year. In three years it happens 7 times and 2 of those times you actually run across some gold. What are the odds that you will make the connection between the 2 events? Not rgeat at this point.

The fact of the matter is that unless the sensation is consistently followed by contact with the cause it will present a confusing puzzle.
    This is an adventure dammit! I expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide!

Downloads
    Uploads
    the problem is that gold doesnt emit a sense, where as the shade would. the gold example is a bad one. i was saying that when something dramatic as your existance of life being threatened it is going to leave a lasting impression on you and your going to definately be aware of it when it presents itself again
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

the problem is that gold doesnt emit a sense, where as the shade would. the gold example is a bad one. i was saying that when something dramatic as your existance of life being threatened it is going to leave a lasting impression on you and your going to definately be aware of it when it presents itself again
    Life being threatened is one thing, we are talking about actual death my dear boy. THis is nothing so trivial as your life being threatened. When you die and are subsequently resurrected there is a shock to your system. This shock, in my opinion, should cause you to block out what has happened or lose the recollection all together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This shock, in my opinion, should cause you to block out what has happened or lose the recollection all together.

thats an issue to take up with the dm
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

This shock, in my opinion, should cause you to block out what has happened or lose the recollection all together.

thats an issue to take up with the dm
    Of course it is, which is why just such a thing is being done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel

I'm against the normal methods of ressurection in Cerilia. If that were possible, the way history has shaped itself would be drastically different. I believe the Gorgon would have dragged Michael Roele's body to Kal-Saitherak and ressurected him, so that he could torture him without mercy, just for fun.
    Sure that is possible, so what methods would you allow?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Shaene I would have to agree with Lord Chioran, I should have made you try to figure this ability out. The way that would happen is that I would describe the feeling that you had and then you would have to make an intelligence check to see if you recognize the feeling. Perhaps your knowledge of the Shadow world would give you a bonus on that check but I am not sure why it would.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Eldred

Lord Shaene I would have to agree with Lord Chioran, I should have made you try to figure this ability out. The way that would happen is that I would describe the feeling that you had and then you would have to make an intelligence check to see if you recognize the feeling. Perhaps your knowledge of the Shadow world would give you a bonus on that check but I am not sure why it would.
    Because he's a big baby and has to get his way or he's going to cry.:P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel
    I'm against the normal methods of ressurection in Cerilia. If that were possible, the way history has shaped itself would be drastically different. I believe the Gorgon would have dragged Michael Roele's body to Kal-Saitherak and ressurected him, so that he could torture him without mercy, just for fun.
    I would add that bringing back the dead would be tied to a matter of wanting to return to life. Sort of like the resurrection spell prepares and restores a body to be re-entered by its spirit. If however, the spirit chooses not to return to the body the spell fails by default.

In this case, I beleive that M. Roele would have been aware of the circumstances around his body and choose not to allow his spirit to return his body.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawgiver, your thinking fits in with my construct. A soul is making its journey to meet its maker. The loved ones or companions left in the material world can't handle the death and want to bring the soul back so they cast resurrection. The resurrection spell creates a connection between the material world and the soul calling it back. If it chooses to answer that call, it starts making its journey back but not without its Shade Double in the Shadow World trying to prevent that return. Thus a fight with the shade. However, if the soul does not wish to answer the call of the resurrection spell, the soul would continue its journey to meet its maker. Hence the spell failed.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information