Downloads
    Uploads

How to count ship movement along a river?

Consider the following situation:

A young Rjuvik wizard have reached Level 3 after his study in the Royal College of Sorcery in the City of Anuire. He now wants to return his home land, Vjelthelma. First, he would probably take a caravel to reach Nolien. There is a distance of 11 coastal sea areas. Then, the problem comes. After reaching Nolien, the young wizard takes a keelboat heading to Vjelthelma. According to p4, Naval Battle Rules:the Sea of Cerilia, 'Regardless of the wind direction, ships move one area per day when sailing upriver and two areas per day when sailing downriver.' If you count the number of province in the wizard's one hand, it is nine; if the other hand, it is eight. So, which side should we count? Or do I take a wrong assumption? Sea area along a river is not the number of province the ships sailing by?

M.A.

It's your call . . . . But, since it's so close, I'd just go ahead and give the player the benefit and call it eight instead of nine. That's just a personal inclination of mine though. There's no reason to do it one way or another. It's completely DM judgement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a very sound judgement!

M.A.

Thread Information