Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps true evil? It seems that he wants power for power's sake which some would consider evil but would he try to acquire that power through whatever unethical/ethical means necessary? I am not sure you can consider either evil.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the good duke as Neutral. He is very ambitious and willing to go to great lenghts to acheive his goal. At the same time he is a true Anuirean noble who holds the traditional knightly virtues in high regard. Add in a fearfull temper and a headstrong personality, and you have a wonderfully complex chap that doesn't fit in anywhere but (N)
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Not good or evil. Not lawful or chaotic. True neutral.

Not true neutral as in: Tries to balance eveything, but true neutral as in: Not committed to any principle yet not wholly selfish or inconsidereate of the needs of society.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boeruine definitely is lawful neutral. Besides his ambition, there are two major characteristic traits of the Archduke that can't be argued against: his chivalrous sense of honor, and his utmost belief that laws are the solution to everything. These two traits make him VERY lawful from my point of view.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

When I have run my Birthright campaigns in Anuire, I handle the Iron Throne issue like this:

Avan and Boeruine - Clearly the front runners for the Iron Throne, but its still beyond both men's reach. They stand in each others way, and both are all too ambitious to rally popular support among the other regents outside of their allies and vassals. They are too evenly matched, and not willing to risk all in an all-out war yet until they think they have an edge over the other.

Ghoere - I always portray Ghoere as a ruthless "Longshanks" type guy in Braveheart. He wants the Iron Throne, but is bitter he will never have it. He has no allies or support. IF he focuses on Roesone, he has problems with Mhoried, and visa-versa....He is caught in the center of Anuire and can't break out.

Mhoried - The Mhor doesn't desire the Iron Throne, and is content fending off the Gorgon and preventing Ghoere from having it. Though In one game, a PC played his son Micheal, LG, F4, who became regent later, and he became a contender for the throne. The Mhor's heirs make good PC's to shoot for the Iron Throne.

The Gorgon - I never involved him until it looked like someone seriously had a chance to take the Iron Throne. Then he would care and send his legions into Anuire. To be honest, The Gorgon has more pressing enemies around him, like Elves, Dwarves, and Brecht.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Temujin

Boeruine definitely is lawful neutral. Besides his ambition, there are two major characteristic traits of the Archduke that can't be argued against: his chivalrous sense of honor, and his utmost belief that laws are the solution to everything. These two traits make him VERY lawful from my point of view.
    I agree with you. My (N) Boeruine is not based on the BR material, but was introduced as a new twist, as everybody I played with were too well aquainted with the major NPC from earlier games.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Micheal_Roele

Mhoried - The Mhor doesn't desire the Iron Throne, and is content fending off the Gorgon and preventing Ghoere from having it. Though In one game, a PC played his son Micheal, LG, F4, who became regent later, and he became a contender for the throne. The Mhor's heirs make good PC's to shoot for the Iron Throne.
    They run a powerful realm, but the problem is that unlike Ghoere, Boeruine and Avanil, they can't use their armies in outside wars for any length of time, else the Gorgon would take it into his hand to grab an undefended Mhoried. The best they can do is gather support through diplomacy, at least until they can gather support enough not to have to worry about the Gorgon.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have used Avan and Boerine in a similar way to the majority of respondants to this forum. Avan (AV) is tricky and popular while Boerine (B) is experienced but prone to lose his patience.

In my campaign the new ruler of Tournen invited AV and B to visit on her corenation as Dutchess. She was shown to be a weak leader, but when Attempts by Alamie at seduction failed on the Dutchess they made pacts with some of her Counts and attacked Tournen. Southern most provines were protected by Avanil in return for vassaledge while B provided muscle to force the remaining Alamie and Tournen regents to form a council and unite the remaining provences and call the area Alamie once again.

B then used this council to launch an assault on Avanil proper. AV - having built up a great navy lost ground to B's larger army. AV planned to use the Navy with help from a ground (and magical) attack from Taeghas.

B sent a group of adventurers (dressed in Beorine clothes) to Kill Rhoubhe. If they succeded then he would be assured popular support. If they failed then Rhoube would think that B had attacked him and send his elves to attack Boerine. Unfortunately the party of PCs never made it. AV had given them 2 months notice - as he had found out that on a particular day Rhoube goes to an island and spends a full day there alone. Unfortunately they were killed adventuring while trying to toughen themselves up to take out Rhoube. AV's foolproof plan had failed.

When B's army approached AV went with some of his men with what appeared to be a large painting under a canvas. When the painting was under the gates of the castle his men attacked. The castle guards sounded the alarm and dropped the gates. But under the canvas wasn't a painting of the chancellor as promised - but a thin, but very strong support which held the gates open so that AV's army could press into the castle. After some time AV managed to force the Chancellor to invest him as Emperor.

Furious B Seiged the Castle. After months he stormed the castle. AV had secretly chosen a common baby girl and invested her with the Empire. Then as his army was being destroyed AV challenged B to a duel to the death. In this way he would either win or be killed outright in battle (rather than be forced to invest B with the Empire). AV also banked on his major persuasion - but B countered this with his Andurian Resistance. Although AV tried to inflict critical hits on B - B eventually wore him down and killed AV in combat.

Unfortunately B was frustrated by not being able to be invested as emperor - he had all his captured enemies eyes cut out and began a facist reign. All the while tracking down AV's heirs and killing them (thinking that AV had passed it to them). He's a bit of a Tyrant now -although 15 years on he has left his General to rule while he deals with problems in Boerine.
    Gav

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone else want to tell me about their Boerine and Avanil - or have a killed off this thread.

Gav
    Gav

Thread Information