Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I may ask,what have you read that gives you these impressions of Boeruine and Avan??I read their write-up and of their countries in the Ruins of Empire and I get a much different image than anyone else here.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Imagination mostly... Why what's your take, Riegan?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well,First off I see Avan as confident,self-assured,cocky,and arrogant.He is Lawful Neutral,which to me means that he will abide by any treaties he signs,or deals made.Now I feel that on something outside of the parameters of your treaty he will stiff you on,but otherwise trustworthy.Say what you will his people are backing him,and it seems more out of genuine adoration.

Boeruine is a mean,cruel,hostile,elitist snob.He too is Lawful Neutral which same goes for him as does Avan.However Boeruine is someone who beleives in turn-abouts fair play.You do him good he will repay you.His people back him too,but I get the sense of "That is what the Duke wants to hear..." from his people.

Comparing the two,Avan is much more likeable,and probably easier to be around with.Boeruine is more of the kind of man you want to have owing you a favor,and I beleive you could take him more at face-value than Avan.But I wouldn't trust neither as far as I can throw them.I feel that either one would give you the shaft,treaty or not,once all manners of honor and propriety have been met.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I'm new to Birthright so bear with me.

Ya'll keep talking about the Sword and Crown like it's a major event on Cyrilia. Can somebody fill me in please.
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every five years, the rulers of Anuire's countries declare a one months peace. During this time, regents from all over Anuire converge on the kingdom, that was chosen at the last event to hold the event, to negotiate, make allies and enemies, and enjoy the company of their fellow rulers. The regent that holds the event is responsible for arbitrating peace throughout the lands of Anuire should andy kingdoms petition for the regent's judgment. Though he has no actual power over the Anuirean lands, the regents of other realms must, by Anuirean law, abide by his decision.
    There is also an adventure book called Sword and Crown, which you can get from ebay, that takes place during the sword and crown, of course.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorta like a UN Council meeting. You can accomplish a lot, but none of it is actually enforced. 'Cepting of course that if you piss a lot of people off then you're gonna get turned into road kill.
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    The conflict between Avanil and Boeruine has an important place in my Ruins of Empire PBEM campaign. Their struggle provides an interesting backdrop for the rest of the campaign.

Darien Avan (LE): The Prince of Avanil wants nothing more than to become Emperor of Anuire. He will do almost anything to accheive his goal. Thus the change in alignment from LN RoE.
    Avan is charismatic, intelligent and quite skilled in the art of diplomacy and politics. He is also a man whom the common people likes, for he is dashing and generous when it suits him.
    He is, however, also quite full of himself and that is his greatest weakness. Avan thinks he is the greatest gift the gods have granted Anuire. Realizing that he is the number one contender for the throne and the person with the greates bloodline in Anuire, has clouded his judgement. He simply cannot grasp that he has many enemies, noen of whom whould like to see him as Emperor.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya know....I can see shifting his alignment to LE.But then what does that make Boeruine??It says in his description he is petty,cruel,and an elitist snob.His people don't seem to love him but rather fear him.Boeruine is to me what Gavin Tael would be,except with a sense,barely at that,of honor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Avan Evil? Where do you get that? What acts has he done of an evil nature? Desire for power does not necessarily equal evil!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what ya mean Lord Eldred......I am not suggesting it,just pointing out if Avans alignment was LE,what would Boeruines be???

Thread Information