Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should be careful what you say in his presence Lord Eldred.
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Lady Allessandra, you have come out of hiding. Good for you! You are very right. I should not assume that the great Haelyn would choose me. I am only saying I am totally devoted to him.

Lord Eldred
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Temujin I like your description of the major players of the game. I think I could use these descriptions very easily in my campaign. Though I think Boeruine would be much hardr than what you describe. Ruthless. By your description he almost looks good. You Avan is very convincing as well.
    I haven't given too much thought about these far away rulers yet as I am mostly concerned with internal politics in Elinie so far (sorry Ibn Daouta, you've been demoted to ruler of the province of Sendour ;) ). Tael is evil and scheming, militaristic but not bloodthirsty. Very much an adept of intimidation and subversion, like Avan but less seamlessly. Raenech is mad. Bloodthirsty, agressive, treacherous and soon to be Tael's first victim.
    Well that's it for now.
    Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said: `one CAN'T believe impossible things.'
    `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast'

-- "Through the Looking Glass", Lewis Caroll

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to thank everyone for posting these views, since both of the games I run have little contact with these rulers, the info provided here will help me run these regents when the time comes, since the one group will be running the sword and crown soon. Again I thank you!:)
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boeruine -- an older and experienced level headed general/drill seargant type who uses his military might and force rather than deep intrigue to succeed. Sort of like Longshanks in Braveheart

Avan -- a wily fellow who is involved in intrigue galour though he never tips his hand. He reminds me of Claudius (sp?) from Gladiator. he is too arrogant and prideful to admit defeat or that he could conceivably make a mistake.

Tael -- a purely ruthless ruler. He has his eyes on the throne, but is holding back in hopes that Boeruine and Avan will wipe each other out and he can step in after they have been weakened. He has instead focused on Alamie, Elinie, and Roesone. He smart enough to leave the Mhor alone for now. He'd rather not deal with teh northern border and
    prefers to let the Mhor defend Anuire form the threat of the Gorgon's lackeys.

Assan ibn Daouta of Elinie -- a Muslim that acts like Azeem from Robin Hood, Prince of Theives. He does not via for the throne. "It is not Allah's will at this time." He is steadily building his province into quite an impressive sight though.
    Osoerde -- he has played a pretty key role in the east. He a smaller more evil version of Tael. He doesn't care who he kills to get what he wants. Reminds me of the cardinal on the Three Muskeeters.

Diemed -- a crafty militaristic genius. He has his eyes on Medoere and will swallow it soon. Since he can't match Avan for the Imperial City he really wants Ilien for its economic and political significance. He often uses trickery or intrigue to throw his opponents off balance, and then pounces on them with his troops.

The Spider -- he's been far to quiet... too quiet indeed. He longs to crush Endier and reclaim it. For now no one knows what his plans are.

Rhoubhe -- he has stuck to border raids. He beat up on Boeruine's flanks when Aeric went for Talinie. Rumors abound that he has actually had a diplomatic meeting with the regent of Tournen.

The Gorgon -- I've held off on him thus far since my PCs wouldn't have a chance. Keirgard has begun to revolt and Mur-Kalid is on the verge so he's got his own problems right now. He is ignoring Tuarhievel since they are on the brink of civil war and will destroy themselves. The Sielwode hates humans and is a quasi-ally since they both oppose the other troops. He will likely invade Mhoried by the end of the game year to keep them in check during the height of the Sword and Crown while everyone is away from their realms...
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lawgiver
    Osoerde -- he has played a pretty key role in the east. He a smaller more evil version of Tael. He doesn't care who he kills to get what he wants. Reminds me of the cardinal on the Three Muskeeters.
    Its funny you should say that, I actually had him portrayed as that black warrior who is the right hand of the Cardinal in that same movie =)
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Isn't that a sort of smelly cheese?"

:)

Very good villains those two.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    did you say smelly? [looks side to side for the Magian...]
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I was going to post on my regent characters personality and behaviour but it might incriminate me, so i plead the fifth
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a very wise decision. Maybe you should comment on some of your dealings with other regents that you wouldn't get in trouble for.
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Thread Information