Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my actual campaign I'm running, I have the players
    involved with a race of Snake Man (I haven't read about your ideas of the Ssrak race yet).

In my campaign, this race have an oriental flavor, much like
    a mix between chinese and hindus.

IMHO, if we create a lot of new races for the continent of
    Aduria, they should look and feel different from the others
    in Cerilia.
    From the point of view of our world, it seems that the
    orientals are missing from the Birthright scenario.

Maybe we could insert a little more of Veda and Chinese
    cultures in the continent of Aduria. This would give the
    continent a feeling of ancient mysteries.

What do you think ?
    T++
    >>METAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that if you feel the need to give your Birthright campaign an oriental flavor you should go for it. For me, I am still working on getting an understanding of all the different entities the game has now. I wouldn't want to complicate things further by adding the oriental flavor.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...you can use the Oriental adventure material and adapt it to an adurian campaign. In fact, you'll have to come with a reason why this civilization didn't participate in Deismaar and, as such, has no blood powers... or have they ?

So good luck...

Lofwyr, an eternal dragon
    Lofwyr, a dragon who answers to no one!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    in my campaign i had some oriental colonys along the west coast of anduria . their homeland was supposed to be on a seprate continent to the west. i thought they didnt quite suit anduria as a native culture but had them heavily involved in trade and running trade posts.
    Satanta

Downloads
    Uploads
    woops forgot this pit.
    the rason i didnt see them as being native to anduria was because the tribes that came from their to Cerilia were largely caucasian(european)
    Satanta

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that the home of an "oriental" type culture should be based on the far side of the Sea of Dragons. Since most of the Cerilian cultures came from the West and South, and the Basarji came from the Southeast, then there aren't any clues about the peoples of the Western and Northwestern areas. I think it would be interesting to place some Oriental and Hindic type cultures there. Such a land wouldn't have standard magic as it is known in Cerilia, so it culd be the home of Psions, Psychic Warriors, and Monks (who have always seemed to be a type of physical-psi users to me).

The northern parts of the Oriental lands could be populated by unblooded Vos - they were a lost colony from the times after they were corrupted by Azrai, so they are strong rather than intelligent, but before Deismaar, so they do not have or even know of bloodlines. They are still warlike, however, and have adapted to a nomadic horseman culture, much like the Mongols of Earth.

South of the Vos/Mongol area would be the Oriental cultures, and south of that would be the Hindic cultures. Their lands would be near and overlapping the Equator, so there would be alot of jungles and such throughout that area.

On the southern side of the Equator, and across a narrow sea, would be the ancient Basarji lands. Perhaps arcane magic has developed here, albeit from a different source. A host of elemental spirits called Djinni and Efreets started appearing after Deismaar, when the Shadow World corruption started spreading worldwide and forcing them from their natural home. Some of the lesser spirits have formed bonds with humans, allowing them to gain spells that are harvested from short forays into the Shadow World. These genie-mages are known as Sha'ir, and have come to equal the clerics as formidable men and women of Magic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by KeovarI think that the home of an "oriental" type culture should be based on the far side of the Sea of Dragons. Since most of the Cerilian cultures came from the West and South, and the Basarji came from the Southeast, then there aren't any clues about the peoples of the Western and Northwestern areas.
    Oops... I mean there aren't any clues about the EASTern and NorthEASTern areas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    >
    > Keovar wrote:
    >
    Originally posted by KeovarI think that the
    > home of an "oriental" type culture should be based on the
    > far side of the Sea of Dragons. Since most of the Cerilian
    > cultures came from the West and South, and the Basarji came
    > from the Southeast, then there aren`t any clues about the
    > peoples of the Western and Northwestern areas.
    >
    > Oops... I mean there aren`t any clues about the EASTern and
    > NorthEASTern areas.
    >

Djapar is quite large, and I doubt that it is inhabited exclusively by
    Basarji. Oriental cultures could be placed there. I`d really like to see
    some UNIQUE culturesi in Aduria.

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've placed an Oriental culture in my home campaign -- they are the source from which the original colonists of Cerillia fled.

The Orientals are ruled by a single God-King and a ruling caste of Yuan-ti. They were the Overlords who kept the servitor tribes in line. As history indicated, all of the migrating tribes were led by their patron Gods away from the Old Empire and to Cerillia. There was no account of any tribes beign left behind, nor was there any record that all of the tribes that were in the Old Empire left.

The God King was granted a good portion of Azrai's essence just before Deismaar for "safekeeping". When Azrai was destroyed, the largest portion of his essence went to Belenik and Kreisha, but a good 20% of his power was also stored in the human homelands.

In the Old Empire, you will find the classes from OA, as well as Monks.

Just what I'm doing.. and it's a good thing that my players don't frequent this board -- I'm planning an invasion from the Old Empire in the next few years.. :)

-Mike
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Generally I don't like the oriental setting at all and I don't think, it exists on Cerilia...

In Germany the "oriental setting" sometimes is confused with the "arabian nights". The last I prefer (and I'm glad, with th Khinasi part it is realized).
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Thread Information