Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Birthright PBeMs?

Are there any good Birthright PBeMs running right now? I've had trouble finding them since pbem.com went down . . . .

Having a good list of ACTIVE ones would be nice yes. Personally I used to be active on that front myself, but have not in a long time. Personally I've GMed PnP campaigns since the setting first shipped, and still do. They tend to last 2-3 years each. Then I usually either have a followup campaign thats a few years after the one that ended, or having a fresh that somewhere in Cerilia (also done two in Aduria actually =)

Anyway back to the PBeM thingy. I've played in well over 40 of them myself, but never hosted one. Some might be interested to know that i do plan to host one from spring/summertime. I just want to draw up more info first. Its a lot more information heavy then standard setting, having the old base as a ground but with my own modifications on top of them. These modifications are in several areas influenced by people i've been in PBeMs with. Like Darkstar, Solmyr and the Green Knight.

One of the things I still need to do is to describe more the noble families of many of the realms. They actually do have a lot of influence and power in many realms, and the major families are good to have drawn up.

Personally I have no followed this place that much in the last few years, as personally i think a lot of it have been going in the wrong direction. Personally I find most of the BR "3rd ed" things to be just.. well... not as good in any way as the original take on things. What I've done instead is to instead update some parts of the original rules instead as I want them =)

Anyway, when i do get around to start the game, I no doubt will have a few spots I can have to random people in here. The game should last for around two and a half year, with two-three breaks of about a month each around holidays when people are wont to be gone (basically... i like to travel and in those holidays when im gone for a long time, there will be a period where people will have a few weeks longer to deliver their turns =)

Anyway, I'll try to keep you updated when i get around to start things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    found two threads with links to BR PBeMs, although i dont know if they are still active, but its a start

http://www.birthright.net/showthread...ight=pbem+list

http://www.geocities.com/fearless_leader101/links.html

With the WIKI coming up i can dedicate a page for PBeMs
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads

PBeMs

I haven't been around on the forums much lately, as I've been pretty busy with grad school, but I've been giving a lot of thought into starting another PBEM in the January to February timeframe, though that will perforce depend upon how busy I am. I haven't run one in almost two years now, and so I'm starting to feel the "itch." There are also some other considerations... (Basically, much of my old gaming group has broken up due to people getting married and moving, and so there is some demand that I run a pbem in order that we can keep gaming together in some limited fashion). So in all, I'd say there's a better than even chance that it's something I'll end up doing.

Cool PBeMs

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless_Leader
    (...) I've been giving a lot of thought into starting another PBEM in the January to February timeframe, though that will perforce depend upon how busy I am. I haven't run one in almost two years now, and so I'm starting to feel the "itch." There are also some other considerations...
    Yeah, I never ran a Birthright PBeM (only Diplomacy, and that was a lot of work!)... But I started a draft of something: see http://www.rjurikwinds.com/web/index.html, using Birmail. Again, it's still a draft, I still need to place people/characters and post rules, I wanted to switch the templates to php (not frames) etc... Besides usually that's easy part: managing the email, running the turns, and making the game "live" is the tougher part... So maybe I'll not keep my "resolution": I'd be glad if you did!
    Last edited by cyrano24100; 01-07-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does seem as if there's a moderate amount of interest in something being run... and a few people have toyed with the idea of getting a game off the ground. I've also been tempted, if only because I'd like to see _something_ up and active so that people not lucky enough to be players in LEBR or RoE might be able to play.

However, the largest domain-rulership game I've run had just ten players, and my web skills are nearly non-existent.

Still - might it make sense for a a couple (or more) people to consider collaborating on something?

Instead of setting up a Campaign for play by e-mail, why not do it here on the Forum?
    It could be set up and run by people who frequent these boards.
    I am currently trying to set a game up at Giant in the Playground, but its slow going.

Downloads
    Uploads

pbems

Quote Originally Posted by cyrano24100
    Yeah, I never ran a Birthright PBeM (only Diplomacy, and that was a lot of work!)... But I started a draft of something: see http://www.stockphotopro.com/rw/web/index.html, using Birmail. Again, it's still a draft, I still need to place people/characters and post rules, I wanted to switch the templates to php (not frames) etc... Besides usually that's easy part: managing the email, running the turns, and making the game "live" is the tougher part... So maybe I'll not keep my "resolution": I'd be glad if you did!
    Well don't let my perspective plans keep you from doing anything. I think it would be great to have more than just two or three games running.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't even occur to me to check giantitp for Birthright games, Faithdreamer.

From your description, the game's to be set in Khinasi territory - but are you intending to define it any more narrowly than that, or would you take a spread of characters across the whole region?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It never occurred to me to check giantitp for Birthright games, Faithdreamer.

From the description there, the game's clearly set in Khinasi lands - but are you looking to have people scattered across the whole region, or focused tightly in a particular area (or realm)?

Thread Information