Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    The class does, however, fit extremely well with Anuirean society.
    And Khinasi too, right? Maybe even more so?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RaspK_FOG
    And Khinasi too, right? Maybe even more so?
    Not really.

Even though both cultures have a strong military training, Anuireans have evocation as a favored school while the Khinasi do not. So even though evocation is not shunned nor disfavored by the Khinasi, it is likewise not favored. But it is more likely that Khinasi would have a warmage then elves would.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a message dated 12/13/06 11:28:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< I`d never allow an elven warmage.

The class is designed to be trained in a war college and that concept
    doesn`t mesh well with the elves disfavoring evocation/invocation spells. >>

Consider it an experiment. She was from Lluabright, the only sidhe realm
    I could rationalize as having that kind of magic. As she started to develop
    a cruel streak during play, to go with the Azrai bloodline, it could have been
    really interesting someday....

I do agree, Anuireans are the most likely source for warmages. I`d even
    say Boeruine or Avan founded the college.

Lee.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I`d even say Boeruine or Avan founded the college.
    Just my opinion, but I would have thought much more likely Avan than Bourine. I got the feeling that while Bourine might utilise a mage if the other side did, he'd prefer not to encourage something that took away from th gritty man vs man aspect of war.

More likely again now that I think of it would be the guilds. They have the money and will be better versed in 'investing'. El-Hadid could afford to have several units, but where would he put them that Anglondier of Ilien (or others) wouldn't notice? Far easier to have better access to the 'up & coming' war-wizards.
    Doyle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tuarhievel is mentioned as having battle mages like no where else in cerilia. Elves alone might have the number of mages to make a battle mage tradition possible.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads

Sidhe warmages

Quote Originally Posted by graham anderson
    Tuarhievel is mentioned as having battle mages like no where else in cerilia. Elves alone might have the number of mages to make a battle mage tradition possible.
    P19: "Taurhieval does not boast a great number of battlemages. <...> The elves have access to destructive magic, but are reluctant to use it in their own lands. Instead they concentrate on magic that saps the will of their enemies."

I couldn't find something (in my brief scan) that says that their battle mages are like no other, but there is mention that the realm magic is unusual in that it relies on song and is believed to rely on enchantment magic.

IMC I have a class (a sub race) of elf that were the traditional warmages of the Sidhe. Due to their destructive nature they were outlawed as a class, hunted down over a few centuries and believed to be extinct a few decades after humans arrived on the continent (bad timing - the gheallie Sidhe would give a lot to get them back)
    Doyle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I was refering to the bit on page 19 but it says they incorporate battle magic like no other nation. So I was slightly of. But they do have a lot of battle mages and the battle mages tend to live away from the other elves on the hostile borders.

The battle mages are mentioned a few times in the players secrets and I would have no problem with a battle or war mage class for elves. I would have a bit of problem with it for humans though with how few wizards they have.
    MORNINGSTAR

Thread Information