Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had any idea, just looking for opinions... I've been working on finding the expansion packs, and found all but one, but in any case... I like how ya get more areas open to ya so I was thinking why not make a whole new area...

Since this is just for personal use, there should be no prob... And since my cousine's GF is an aritst, she can draw the map... question is who would populate this land, none of the current human tribes I should, maybe a few who were there but were just small enough too be mostly ignored, Minor tribes... ;>

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, as it would happen I'm working on a new region, Aduria. Things are moving rather slow, as always, but the northern section is nearly complete and just needs conversion to 3E, and some minor changes to various realms.

As for who populates Aduria, there are 6 new human tribes, Brechts and Anuireans, two different species of goblins, a race of catmen who live in the jungles of the far south, two reptillian races (one a race of nasty snake-headed sorcerer/priests the other a race of gypsy-like artisans) and a few other races.

webpage is at http://www.chariot.net.au/~hoss/aduira/
    Although you won't find anything there at the moment, its all on my computer being worked on. The page does look very pretty though.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been slowly converting my homebrew world (Annydwyr) over to Birthright statistics. It's takign a loooong time, but mostly because I don't work on it very frequently. I hadn't planned on placing this home brew continent onto Aebrynis though. That would make things a bit more difficult.

I finsihed reading the latest George RR MArtin novels (Storm of Swords) last night, and it occured to me that the realms of Westeros might fit in nicely with those of Aebrynis. I'd drop it in to the far west of Boeruine I think...
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    :) What if a group of Masetians did survive and sailed far away and settled a distant land. Now after a long hiding have grown and are looking to come back to cerilia to conquer it.
    It's just something I just thought of and may even use in one of my campaigns in the distant future.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I have a small map set up... with several kingdoms... Maybe some Orcs... ;>

sooo when all of yins guys finish yer lands, what do ya plan too do with them?

Mike Cod
    When I first read the box set I noted that the island of Cael Corynn (phonic spelling) was uninhabited. I felt that this was the perfect place to create a new Barony or dukedom. The small island to the south would be one province, the larger province would be divided in half and a smaller area of the island would be made into a port city (like the Imperial City). This Realm would be in an excellent position for guilds as its in the centre of the sea trade lanes. He who could control the sea would have a lot of influence.

Of course this was when most of the Birthright products were not printed and there may be some supplement out there that gives the details of that island.

By the way, are there any out there who have used either the character stats or the adventures from the PC game "The Gorgon's Alliance" that was developed by Sierra?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Raesene Andu

Well, as it would happen I'm working on a new region, Aduria. Things are moving rather slow, as always, but the northern section is nearly complete and just needs conversion to 3E, and some minor changes to various realms.

As for who populates Aduria, there are 6 new human tribes, Brechts and Anuireans, two different species of goblins, a race of catmen who live in the jungles of the far south, two reptillian races (one a race of nasty snake-headed sorcerer/priests the other a race of gypsy-like artisans) and a few other races.

webpage is at http://www.chariot.net.au/~hoss/aduira/
    Although you won't find anything there at the moment, its all on my computer being worked on. The page does look very pretty though.
    Why don't you post those races in the Race forum on this website?

Leland

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back in my college days (about 3 years ago), I took some courses on meteorology and geology. The insight I gained, I tried to apply to Cerilia, to locate just where it would be located on Aebrynis. Based upon its general land forms, and flora, as well as weather patterns and the fact that Thaele is evidently near the "Arctic Circle" but not close to a pole, since there is no permafrost in the Rjurik colonies and the ice actually is seasonal in the Great Bay, I estimated the following:

Aebrynis is approximatly the same size as Earth, and is approximatly the same distance from the "sun" as Earth.

And that Cerilia occupies a very small area of the planet (remarkable small when you look at the scale of the map, compared to Faerun or Greyhawk...it is really just a little larger than Ansalon, more or less.

Cerilia must fall entirely between 30 and 60 degrees North Latitude...roughly the same area as that of the United States, with Thaele being near the same location as Southern Alaska.

The Deserts of Khinasi must result from a large dry landmass to the south, surrounding a small sea (otherwise, the weather there would be more harsh)

This leaves a VAST amount of planet left to cover, and having similar weathern patterns to that of Europe across the face of Cerilia, a large land mass would necessarily have to be located to both the South (Aduria), a lesser, but still sizeable landmass to the North (Thaele), and a vast landmass to the east and south east beyond a small mostly enclosed sea(the land of the Basarji).

With this in mind, it was a simple task to begin to draft a plauable and scientifically accurate rendering of a possible landmass scheme of a single hemisphere of Aebrynis.

Thaele was actually a large area that would extend north past the "Arctic Circle", and perhaps to the pole. This continent would continue to the north east of Cerilia, where it would curve down to join with Basaria (which would be in the area equivalent of the Middle East and Asia Minor).

Aduria rould extend southwards with a considerably larger portion of the continent south of the equator, perhaps extending as far south as the "Antarctic Circle" (more than enough area to encompass the online Aduria project, and that project comes very close to fitting with this scheme also). The ancient land of the Mesantian, Mesetia, would then have to be located somewhere to the east of Aduria, between that land and Basaria (equivalent of central and eastern Africa).

As for the rest of the world, the other hemisphere, I dabbled with the idea of an oriental-style campaign world based upon the sub-continent of Shensi and a continent of northern-style barbarians with a taint of native american/east indian influence (Mongols and huns) on the two opposing lands of Fennic and Bracic.

If anyone is interested, I would be happy to scan the old map and send it to you, but it is very rough and only shows the location of the continents themselves.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BY HAELYN MAN, POST THAT MAP!!

I greatly enjoyed your post btw. It has always bothered me that Khinasi is a hot dry desert, while it's on the same latitude as Anuire... nice warm winds explanations just never cut it for me. ;)

What about to the west of Boeruine?? Any ideas what would lie that way to make the world run liek it does? the Miere Rhuann is called the Sea of Storms for a reason... what would make it so stormy??

I've been wanting to add an 'Italian" and "Frech" based realms to my birthrightcampagin for sometime now, and had thought about placing them on Aduria, but I'm not certain that would cut it. I am now leaning towards a new continent out to the west.

What about the placement of precious ores, minerals and other resources good Dosiere? Did your schooling teach you any of that? I would be interested in having some sort of 'realistic placement' of such resources for use in my games, instead of just having them thrown about to suit the treasuries of poorer relams.

great post!
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a bunch of notes on an adventure I planned for my PCs overseas from Cerilia, but have never considered a campaign there. I would most likely just make up a different campaign setting and run one from that, but I would definately like to see what some other people dream up.

Thread Information