Thread: 3E Birthright

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen a lot of peoples coversions for 3e birthright. I honestly think that it does not take much work to bring birthright into 3rd edition.
    So many of the rules are independent of D&D. Therefore, you can leave them the same IMO. Apart from converting characters, awnsheighlen, etc, I think that a lot of the work is good as is. The rules already use a D20 as well.

Don't get me wrong. Everybody has to do what they think in order to bring Birthright into 3rd edition. Mostly, I just wanted to point out that it does not have to be laborous.

I launched into a BR campaign quite easily using 3e rules. Birthright has personas, background, geography, intrigue, ideas that would enrich any campaign regardless of the edition.
    -Jamie
    Doombringer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you, but its not as clear cut as that. It is the little things that generate the most debate:
    1. What ability modifiers should the races have
    2. Should elves be sorceres/wizards/druids
    3. Clerics/Gods/Domains
    etc.
    etc.

Every DM (and some palyers) have a rather rigid idea as to how THEY would like things to work in 3E. That is why there can never be a complete agreemnet as to which rules to use.

Nothing wrong with that I think - just gives more variety to the game, and offers a tremendeous pool of good ideas :)
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I agree, the converting can be rather cumbersome!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Green Knight
    Every DM (and some palyers) have a rather rigid idea as to how THEY would like things to work in 3E. That is why there can never be a complete agreemnet as to which rules to use.
    That's part of the delay with our 3e Conversion. Doom is whiping us back in line however, and the ball is at least rolling again.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No matter what, DMs will still use whatever rules suits their campaign best. If they didn't we wouldn't have so much to talk about on this site!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Isn't that part of the charm of being a DM - you get to decide how the world works. If only the real world was as easily manipulated :)
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who said it isn't? :P
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really admire the dedication of those converting the material. Dealing with the shear volume of new material is difficult enough but working at bringing something forward that was already great into this new system while maintaining its flavour and appeal is a real dedication.;)

I've sort of been trekking from the opposite direction looking at the new material and seeing what can be added into my campaign which is birthright based but not set in Cerilia. But the volume, as of this post there are over 200 produced books, sorting through, deciding what to buy, and then going through the rules to add this into my campaign is pretty full on.

So congrats to those working on it and continue with the great work.
    Have Fun
    Blackmist

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Eldred

No matter what, DMs will still use whatever rules suits their campaign best. If they didn't we wouldn't have so much to talk about on this site!
    Sometimes the decision is not based on what works best, but what they like/don't like.

All part of a DM's prerogative.
    This is an adventure dammit! I expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have discussions with Fizz (whoever that is) about every possible rule. We had very different views. I have not seen what you guys are doing but if you are moving forward I say more power to you. The 2E to 3E conversion was a simple pamphlet. Maybe that is because the already had the 3E book and just put out what you needed to convert.

If you have a good idea about what the end result is it makes conversion easier. My only question is are dragging BR into 3E or trying to create a 3E world for Birthright. That really changes the end result.

CW

Thread Information