Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Map of Nolien

You may or may not find any use for this map but...
    We needed it for our campaign so I made it (my companion and I tried to conqer the town he he... that did'nt end well).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay
    <snip>
    Thanks! Nice map!

---

The incorporation of "clandestine" holdings might open up a new aspect of politics and warfare, not just crime. If we take a modern perspective, Regents might operate secret programs designed to undermine the authority of another Regent, or even the stability of an entire Realm.

Imagine the Boer running a Contras-like operation in Taeghas. It could be common knowledge that the rebels are funded by Boeruine, but really hard to prove, and to contest, I would imagine.
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Swordgaunt
    Thanks! Nice map!

---

The incorporation of "clandestine" holdings might open up a new aspect of politics and warfare, not just crime. If we take a modern perspective, Regents might operate secret programs designed to undermine the authority of another Regent, or even the stability of an entire Realm.

Imagine the Boer running a Contras-like operation in Taeghas. It could be common knowledge that the rebels are funded by Boeruine, but really hard to prove, and to contest, I would imagine.
    That's exactly right, and the current rules cover that.

A law Holding can be exactly what you are talking about. Law holdings have the power to seize assets of other holdings. That could come in the form of additional taxes and tarrifs for raods and such to hurt Guilds. A general seizure of assets. Plundering then razing a Temple. General banditry. Or rebel activity actively seeking to turn the people against the regent, and the seizures are actually the rebels holding a festival to raise money.

It's up to your imagination how you use the various holdings, the rules give you a framework from which to work. Level 0 and 1 holdings are especially variable.

A temple holding could represent wandering evangelists, speaking out for/against the local regent, or neighbors.

A guild holding could just as easily represent a union of crafts as a mafia type organization collecting protection money.

A Law holding could represent bandits, rebels, outlaw/bought police, Mafia that hold legal power in an area or legitimate security forces.

The only holding that is set is the Province holding, since that represents the legitimate ruler of that particular province. It represents taxes, tarrifs and power that is considered "legitimate".
    When you play the game of thrones you win or you die.
    George R. R. Martin - A song of Ice and Fire

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I have certainly learned that I need to read the rules again. Thoroughly, this time

I really suck as a rules-lawyer...
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

Thread Information