Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone still running 2e Birthright?

I'm curious as to how many people still play Birthright using the 2nd edition AD&D rules. I do, and I know there HAVE to be others out there... Don't there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    We just switched the game to 3.5.
    When you play the game of thrones you win or you die.
    George R. R. Martin - A song of Ice and Fire

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our "Team D" campaign (DMed by Doyle) is AD&D2. Been running for over six years. We have no plans to change, but it getting closer to the end of the campaign. The players play 3.5 for other non-BR campaigns.

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've played primarily 3E for the last few years, but am thinking i'd run 2nd Ed in my next campaign, or possibly a 2nd Ed / 3E hybrid.

I like the fundamental d20 mechanic, but dislike how combat-centric it is, and how Wizard-fied it is (like Magic TG, where there's always a rule to override another rule).

Yes, i've been giving much thought to this lately...

-Fizz

I DM 2E but play PBEM 3.5

I DM 2E but play PBEM 3.5
    ... and that's not really as confusing. I guess if I was also DM-ing 3.5 I would get confused about details: but as a player it's fine. I know the 3.5 rules are available online, but I have the 2E hard-copy, and I know the books back-n-forth... well I use to: age does something to memory...

Birthright Netbook

Speaking of 2nd Ed Birthright I was just wondering if anyone remembers this old gem from back when BR was new: Birthright Netbook
    "There are some roads not to follow;
    some troops not to strike; some cities not to assault;
    and some ground which should not be contested."
    -The Art of War-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still playing 2nd Ed and loving it. I'm curious about 3.5 but no immediate plans to change.

yep run 2nd ed and will never change, though I occasionally will consider incorp d20 source into my campaign I will never use the system for rules.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As Sorontar mentioned, my campaign is running in 2nd Ed, with no intention of moving to 3.0 or 3.5 - as we play mostly adventures with realm stuff only done as background to the plot, 2nd ed is just a lot easier to run.
    Doyle

Phew. Glad to hear there are at least a few 2e BR campaigns out there! Thanks for the responses.

Thread Information