Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True Bloodlines

Downloads
    Uploads

True Bloodlines

Hello. Being relatively new to this board (ghosted for a long time) I have what is prolly a simple question, which will relate to my upcoming campaign, which will be set in Anuire.
    Who has the true bloodlines? I've looked about and and think I figured out a few of them, and I know there are like 12 total, but a list would be cool.
    These are the ones I've come up with so far.

Gorgon
    Michael Roele (and his line before him)
    Rhoube
    Spider
    Raven
    Serpent

I may be wrong about these, but I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypostal
    Gorgon
    Michael Roele (and his line before him)
    Rhoube
    Spider
    Raven
    Serpent

I may be wrong about these, but I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!
    I think these are all correct, but there may be a few more. I think the Leviathan has a True bloodline too.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would Michael Roele have one? I mean... well, unless he married his pappy impregnated his sister... and back for 1000 years of generations.

True bloodlines are only supposed to be from those that were physically at Deismaar.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by epicsoul
    Would Michael Roele have one? I mean... well, unless he married his pappy impregnated his sister... and back for 1000 years of generations.

True bloodlines are only supposed to be from those that were physically at Deismaar.
    No, it can be passed to descendents too.

From the BR Rulebook, page 20.

True bloodlines originate from only one source; the chosen champion of one of the gods at Deismaar. The champion must still be alive, or must have passed the bloodling to his direct descendents. ... If the bloodline of Roele had survived, it would be a true line today.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't seen it written anywhere, but the Pegasus would probably have a true bloodline, since it was Haelyn's mount at Deismar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 08:06 PM 10/4/2006, Sigmund wrote:

>I haven`t seen it written anywhere, but the Pegasus would probably
    >have a true bloodline, since it was Haelyn`s mount at Deismar.

I think people (and creatures) at Deismaar probably got the whole
    range of bloodline strengths based on their "location" on the
    battlefield or distance to the gods when they went pop, but in the
    case of the Pegasus the fact that he`s been around in the subsequent
    1,500 years is a pretty good indication he`s one who got a
    substantial bloodline....

As for Michael Roele, I don`t recall if I read that he had a true
    bloodline or if I`ve always just assumed that he did, but I am under
    the impression he is supposed to have been the last "true" bloodline
    that wasn`t in an awnsheghlien.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by epicsoul

This does seem to be a common misconception. when a regent passes his bloodline on to his descendant, the descendant recieves a bloodline that is equal to the regents plus a bonus equal to a bloodtheft with his original. A father passes a 40 Major to his son who has a 25 minor. the son will end up with 40+(extra from his original 25) Major.

So essentially if the family line is able pass on the original bloodline, then the bloodscore will increase with each generation, even without using regency to raise the score, and will keep its original blood strength.

since Roele had a true bloodline line to begin with, Michael Roele would have had a true bloodline, assuming that his family succeeded in passing the original through each generation.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by geeman
    I think people (and creatures) at Deismaar probably got the whole
    range of bloodline strengths based on their "location" on the
    battlefield or distance to the gods when they went pop, but in the
    case of the Pegasus the fact that he`s been around in the subsequent
    1,500 years is a pretty good indication he`s one who got a
    substantial bloodline....

Gary
    While you are correct, my thought was that since the Pegasus was Haelyn's mount, he would probably have been either near, or under Haelyn at the battle. I would say he got a very good dose of Godness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund
    While you are correct, my thought was that since the Pegasus was Haelyn's mount, he would probably have been either near, or under Haelyn at the battle. I would say he got a very good dose of Godness.
    Was the mount a "chosen champion" of Anduiras?

That is the other restriction for gaining a True bloodline. It is not merely being in close proximity it is being in close proximity and being one of the "chosen champions" (per 2nd ed rules or "physically and philosophically closest" (BRCS)

BRRB pg 20.
    Duane Eggert

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    Was the mount a "chosen champion" of Anduiras?

That is the other restriction for gaining a True bloodline. It is not merely being in close proximity it is being in close proximity and being one of the "chosen champions" (per 2nd ed rules or "physically and philosophically closest" (BRCS)

BRRB pg 20.

Well, clearly the physical closeness must be the key, otherwise there wouldn't be so many true bloodlines of Azrai.

Raesene was the Gorgon's champion, yet it's Belinik and Kriesha who absorbed enough of his energy to become gods. And there are many awnshegh with a true bloodline of Azrai.

And the only champion of Azrai's foes to have a true bloodline was Roele. All the other champions became gods. Are (were) there any true bloodlines after Deismaar with a derivation other than Azrai (and Anduiras for Roele)? That is, was there a true bloodline of Reynir, a true bloodline of Masela, etc?

-Fizz

Thread Information