Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Regeneration and Bloodtheft

I was just reading Blood Enemies again (great book to read in the john ), and a question occured to me. What happens to a being with powerful regeneration blood powers if they fall prey to bloodtheft, especially if their enemy is using tighmaevril weaponry? I was specifically reading about the Spider, and how he regenerates even if his HPs fall below -10 (in the old 2ed tradition). If he were killed by a foe using a bloodsilver weapon, would his bloodline be stolen and so his regen fail to operate?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund
    I was just reading Blood Enemies again (great book to read in the john ), and a question occured to me. What happens to a being with powerful regeneration blood powers if they fall prey to bloodtheft, especially if their enemy is using tighmaevril weaponry? I was specifically reading about the Spider, and how he regenerates even if his HPs fall below -10 (in the old 2ed tradition). If he were killed by a foe using a bloodsilver weapon, would his bloodline be stolen and so his regen fail to operate?
    In general I would say if a scion loses his blood abilites then he loses all the benefits of them. So IMO yes he would be dead now.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    In general I would say if a scion loses his blood abilites then he loses all the benefits of them. So IMO yes he would be dead now.
    I was thinking that too.... so if one had a bloodsilver weapon, and didn't care about gaining an Azrai bloodline.... maybe because one already had an Azrai bloodline..... hmm. I've been thinking of making Denin the Mutable actually be another awnshegh, maybe based on a doppleganger. Give him a bloodsilver dagger or something, and his bid to assasinate the Spider might actually work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember that there are supposedly only a dozen or so tighmaevral weapons and that the Gorgon has several of them.

I would be real careful about inserting a tighmaevral dagger into the setting without a real deep back story on it.

You could check out Blood Hungry from Legends of the Hero Kings to find such a history - though.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand, but I've been thinking of making Denin kinda like a bloodthieving BR Jason Bourne-like superspy/assassin type... just wanna inject a little paranoia into the deal I think a behind-the-scenes (at least for awhile...he'd be too powerful for the PCs at first) villian who can literally be anyone would be a little scary. Maybe like a combo of V (from V for Vendetta), and the Jackal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund
    I understand, but I've been thinking of making Denin kinda like a bloodthieving BR Jason Bourne-like superspy/assassin type... just wanna inject a little paranoia into the deal I think a behind-the-scenes (at least for awhile...he'd be too powerful for the PCs at first) villian who can literally be anyone would be a little scary. Maybe like a combo of V (from V for Vendetta), and the Jackal.
    Sounds almost like the Diabolic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want a race that can shapeshift without having to pay levels for it check out Changelings from Eberron, they may be just what you are looking for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggDawg
    If you want a race that can shapeshift without having to pay levels for it check out Changelings from Eberron, they may be just what you are looking for.
    I don't really want a whole race... just a villian.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    Hmmm- don't have the Enemies book, always asssumed El Spider had the Invulnerability trait, since he had been repeatedly reported killed, but never actually was. (And, btr, ya can't regenerate if yer "dead"- but exceptions are the spice of good plotlines and BBEG's.)

So, how would Bloodtheft and Invulnerability work? Or would a Bloodsilver weapons be an automatic exception to the Invulnerability trait?

"Invulnerability" doesn't read as being that easy- should be a puzzle, not just "ok, screw this - get some Bloodsilver."

(If I were GM'ing it, I might consider something like the Bloodscore and Powers "stolen" to slowly flow back to the Invulnerable/Regenerating Anshweigh. The explanation would be that the Blood of Azrai can be unpredictable like that, and it would be a big hint that "something isn't what it appears to be".)

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainshound
    "Invulnerability" doesn't read as being that easy- should be a puzzle, not just "ok, screw this - get some Bloodsilver."
    Well, bloodtheft can't occur until the foe is slain. A scion with invulnerability is not truly killed until a specific criteria is met. So i'd say you can't have bloodtheft on such a creature unless you kill him in that exact manner.

'Twould be my take, anyways.

-Fizz

Thread Information