Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or poor editing. Sometimes its best to merely accept that the books were written by a lot of different peopel, and though they tried very had, there were some slips that really can't be explained away.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight
    As for Blood Spawn in particular, it is certainly a bit odd in places. But is holds too much good stuff for BR to be ignored completely (such as interesting bits and pieces of cosmology).
    That pretty much parrallels my opinion of hte book.

For the longest time I rejected it becaue it was too "weird".

Then I started looking at it with newer eyes (mostly due to the BRCS project) and started seeing things anew. There is an awful lot of really good points in there that if dismissed really detracts from the overall setting, IMO.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    You give me a spur to read this book. I will print and read it soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The game session at the battle of Deismaar was OK, thanks for help.
    If someone is interested in Shadow World additional ideas, there's a link to EnWorld topic:
    http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=176130

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RaspK_FOG
    OK, allow me to reiterate for your convenience:

There was once a time when the crystal sphere (read: universe) of "Birthright" amongst the world of the multiverse was made out of the raw stuff of everlasting chaos and constant change (that's the cosmological view, anyway).
    Just a clarification: Chrystal Sphere is an archaict term (from the AD&D-days) reffering to a solar system. In the Spelljammer(TM) Campaign Setting, all of the canon worlds had their own 'sphere (Realm Space, Grey Space, etc.), all on the Prime Material Plane. These were separated by the highly combustible Phlogiston, and by navigating its flow, spelljamming vessels could travel between the 'speres. Birthright (Aebrynis) and Dark Sun (Athas) were not considered accessible by spelljammers.

In my campaigns, I have used the death of the gods at Deismaar to explain why Aebrynis (Regent's Space) is closed. The massive outburst of energy caused by the voilent death of so many deities caused the Chrystal Sphere to seal shut. Sages have been debating why this only occured here, and not in any of the other 'spheres that have experienced similar cataclysmic events.

---

To offer my two copper bits to the Azrai alignment debate, I'd say he was Neutral Evil. IMO, this does not rule out his nack for Chaos. I see NE as the most calculating and devious of the alignments.

CE will revel in destruction and chaos, valuing strenght as the most important virtue.

LE will use order and system to further its goals, valuing obedience as the most important virtue.

NE will play on all strings to reach its goal, using chaos to weaken its enemies, and order to strenghten its grip on its minnions. The most important virtue is whatever fits the agenda.

This is how I see it, anyway.
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

Thread Information