Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't read everything, so maybe this has already been stated.

To the best of my Knowledge...

At one time the Aebyrinis (sp?) and the shadow world (Forget the original name) were one and the same. It was an emorphous world with no shape or permanence. (Think the Plane of Chaos from Michael Moorcocks books). Then the first beings were born of this Chaos, they were the original gods. They decided to exert their will on the place, and could stabilize it, but only so long as they concentrated on it. Eventually, the Gods created a stable realm by forcing the Chaos out and erecting a barrier betwen the two worlds (I forget what the barrier is called also). This created a Physical and spirit world. Fey creatures called the spirit world home, while the more physical creatures grew on Aebyrinis (sp?). Some creatures could travel between the two because of their nature.

When the cataclysm acured, or shortly thereafter, the spirit world became the shadow world, and the veil between the two seems to be weakening.

EDIT:
    There is so much potential for fun in the shadow world. There are many theories, and because the shadow world is very similar in many ways to the plane of shadow, and because the Gods do make their homes there, exerting their will, you could even say that it is the plane of shadow from the standard cosmology's. Therefore the BRCS could be the dream of a dead god, or the first Material Plane, or any number of options, including being able to reach the other setting by using the shadowworld to travel there.
    Last edited by ploesch; 09-18-2006 at 08:31 PM.
    When you play the game of thrones you win or you die.
    George R. R. Martin - A song of Ice and Fire

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck
    Curious. My copy of the Book of Regency says the following:

Perhaps you have the post-Diesmaar edition?
    And he was also called "Papa Smurf"
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ploesch
    I didn't read everything, so maybe this has already been stated.

To the best of my Knowledge...

At one time the Aebyrinis (sp?) and the shadow world (Forget the original name) were one and the same. It was an emorphous world with no shape or permanence. (Think the Plane of Chaos from Michael Moorcocks books). Then the first beings were born of this Chaos, they were the original gods. They decided to exert their will on the place, and could satbilize it, but only so long as they concentrated on it. Eventually, the Gods created a stable realm by forcing the Chaos out and erecting a barrier betwen the two worlds (I forget what the barrier is called also). This created a Physical and spirit world. Fey creatures called the spirit world home, while the more physical creatures gre on Aebyrinis (sp?). Some creatures could travel between the two because of their nature.

When the cataclysm accured, or shortly thereafter, the spirit world became the shadow world, and the veil between the two seems to be weakening.
    Check the text from Blood Spawn (that free download fro the WotC site). It has the text describing "When Two Worlds Were One". Basically the separation of Aebrynis and the Shadow World (no other name for the place that I've found) occurred before Desimaar - only after that the Shadow World became corrupted.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    Check the text from Blood Spawn (that free download fro the WotC site). It has the text describing "When Two Worlds Were One". Basically the separation of Aebrynis and the Shadow World (no other name for the place that I've found) occurred before Desimaar - only after that the Shadow World became corrupted.
    I've read it, it's just been awhile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Atlas of Cerilia (page 9) says the Shadow World was discovered after Deismaar.
    So, I don't understand?
    It existed until this time un-discovered?
    Azrai, Anduiras, Healyn have missed it, but some heroes of next generation found it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    The Book of Regency (...) say Azrai was Chatoic Evil.
    Do you think The Abyss is good home-plane for him?

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Percy
    So, I don't understand?
    Azrai, Anduiras, Healyn have missed it, but some heroes of next generation found it?
    The cataclycism at Deismaar tore down much of the boundary that separates the two worlds. It was not possible (or at least much more difficult) to travel from one to another before Deismaar. After Deismaar, it became much easier (not necessarily easy, but easiER).

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz
    The cataclycism at Deismaar tore down much of the boundary that separates the two worlds. It was not possible (or at least much more difficult) to travel from one to another before Deismaar. After Deismaar, it became much easier (not necessarily easy, but easiER).

-Fizz
    Plus after Deismaar is when the halfling exodus started - when the Shadow World started to become corrupted.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, I don't understand?
    Like I said, from other texts I've read the gods erected a barrier between the two worlds, and only certain cretures could travel between the two. After the cataclysm, the barrier was weakened.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, I don't understand?
    If that is the first contridiction in the 2nd ed material you've found - well you haven't read enough.

Blood Spawn was written after the Atlas and thus has more complete information, IMO.

If you go by the BR Rulebook and Atlas the impression is the the Rjurik don't ahve cites and yet in the the Rjuril Highlands expansion. . . .
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information