Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What Was Azrai's Home Plane?

Where Azrai has live? What was his home plane of existence?
    Pandemonium? Baator? Abyss? Carceri? Hades? Gehenna? Other?

What was Azrai's alignment? Chaotic? Neutral? Lawful?

What you need to kill a god? A weapon, a spell?
    What monster (or class) is ultimate gods' assassin?

My next adventure will take place durning the battle at Deismaar and in a few months before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Birthright was one of those crystal spheres that was mostly removed from the pathways of the Multiverse; in particular, nothing could normally exit Aebrynnis/the Shadow World, not even the deific powers that live on it. Thus, Azrai dwelled on the Shadow World, while the rest on Aebrynis.

Azrai is a bit of an issue; some things suggest that he might have been CE, but NE is also a possibility. We are almost sure that he wasn't LE.

Azrai was so powerful that the rest of the gods blew themselves up in order to kill him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RaspK_FOG
    Birthright was one of those crystal spheres that was mostly removed from the pathways of the Multiverse; in particular, nothing could normally exit Aebrynnis/the Shadow World, not even the deific powers that live on it. Thus, Azrai dwelled on the Shadow World, while the rest on Aebrynis.
    What is Aebrynnis? (me stupid)
    How could Azrai live into Shadow World, if the Shadow World was created after Deismaar? (Am I wrong?)
    Other gods (accordnig to Book of Priestcraft are living in outer planes).

Azrai was so powerful that the rest of the gods blew themselves up in order to kill him.
    Sorry, my question was unslerar, but I asked about something reversed.
    Azrai is the one who plots to kill Corellon Larethian* and Moradin durning battle at Deismaar. And I asked how can he do this?

* I inserted this god in my BIRTHRIGHT because there was a lot of players' complaining ("why my ranger has no spells?" etc.), I can't use a lot of good Corellon-related staff from eg. WotC, and I have seen any advantage of his absence.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Percy
    What is Aebrynnis? (me stupid)
    Aebrynnis is the name of the planet on which Cerilia exists.

How could Azrai live into Shadow World, if the Shadow World was created after Deismaar? (Am I wrong?)
    Other gods (accordnig to Book of Priestcraft are living in outer planes).
    The Shadow World has always been, it was created at the same time as Cerilia. Get the free download Blood Spawn for a very detailed explanation of Cerilia's and the Shadow World's connection. You can find that at WotC's Old Editions download page.

Sorry, my question was unslerar, but I asked about something reversed.
    Azrai is the one who plots to kill Corellon Larethian* and Moradin durning battle at Deismaar. And I asked how can he do this?

* I inserted this god in my BIRTHRIGHT because there was a lot of players' complaining ("why my ranger has no spells?" etc.), I can't use a lot of good Corellon-related staff from eg. WotC, and I have seen any advantage of his absence.
    Well, rangers still have spells. You don't need Corellon to have ranger spells. Most people use the power-of-nature concept to explain why rangers have spells. The BRCS i believe has a section explaining the source of their magic. Regardless, no official Birthright material denies spells to rangers.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Besides, the elves in birthright do not have a god. It is a major reason the humans were able to drive them back; the elves lack of divine magic. Putting in an elf god takes away alot from the setting
    "I'd like to respond first in my normal voice, and then in a high pitched, silly one."

Downloads
    Uploads

Azrai is a bit of an issue; some things suggest that he might have been CE, but NE is also a possibility. We are almost sure that he wasn't LE.

I would have to say that Azrai was NE - he wanted to rule everything, and was at least somewhat orderly, rather than simply destroying everything, which would have been a bit more chaotic.

And he wasn't organized enough for LE, as his forces and methods, while definitely well thought out, were not quite enough to be classified as Lawful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by epicsoul
    I would have to say that Azrai was NE - he wanted to rule everything, and was at least somewhat orderly, rather than simply destroying everything, which would have been a bit more chaotic.

And he wasn't organized enough for LE, as his forces and methods, while definitely well thought out, were not quite enough to be classified as Lawful.
    The Book of Regency talks about the pull of Azra and how it is towards chaos and evil. Due to this I would say Azrai was Chatoic Evil.

Characters with the blood of Azrai in their veins seem destined to become awnsheghlien. The blood tugs at them, tempting them to evil and chaotic acts.

And Bloodspawn when talking about Azrai's connection to the Shadow World has the following:

But one god delighted in the ever-changing world and refused to bind his will and his being to the land. That god became Lord of Shadow, the god of Chaos and Change. He became Azrai.

Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    The Book of Regency talks about the pull of Azra and how it is towards chaos and evil. Due to this I would say Azrai was Chatoic Evil.

And Bloodspawn when talking about Azrai's connection to the Shadow World has the following:

... I stand corrected, Sir.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious. My copy of the Book of Regency says the following:

Azrai was known to all as the Rainbow Prince and spread happiness and joy in his footsteps. He gave ponies to little girls and sailboats to little boys. He lived in a sugarplum castle with a chocolate moat. He gave the gift of song to mankind and was the patron of bards and mirth. He was despised by the Dark Lord of Mayhem, Andurias, and his minions of evil. Contemptuous of the special love the people of Cerilia had for Azrai, they ambushed him at Mt Diesmaar, where his sugarplum castle sat, and killed him. Ever since, the followers of the Pantheon Corupt made it their central purpose to distort the truth of Azrai the Gentle, and erect a tower of falsehoods about his name. No longer is a smile known as the expression of Azrai, for different ideas are today associated with his name.
    Perhaps you have the post-Diesmaar edition?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny, but jokes can be a bad thing on a board; .

Anyway, as I was saying, Azrai is shown to be CE, and irdeggman was kind enough to provide the text I didn't have the time to look for to give me some backing. I think the rest of the answers and issues have also been addressed; is that right?

Thread Information