New gaming group

After years of wait, I finally decided to give my group some Birthright action. But then we didn't have the books, and Birthright original material is next to impossible to find down here in Brasil. Well, I managed to learn how most things work, but the main problem is to find information about the places, important people, cultures, etc. So I figured maybe some of you guys could help with a few things?

1. What is there to see and do in Aduria? If my math is right, it takes no more than two days in a ship from Aerele into the southern continent, but I can't find any objective information about who lives there and why they never tried to invade Cerilia again.

2. Any idea where I can find information about the bards colleges? It appears the basic books don't describe any of them.

3. Any idea where I can find the character statistics for Gorgon, Rhuobhe, Aelies and other celebrities? Also I looked everywhere for a portrait of Aelies (on the internet) but couldn't find any.

4. About bloodlines: if my character starts out with a bloodline strength of "tainted", I roll 4d4 to see my bloodline score, right... at what score can I say I have become of "minor" bloodline strength? Similarly, let's say I started with "tainted" and have become a "major", would my children be "major" as well?

Thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by evilRafael
    After years of wait, I finally decided to give my group some Birthright action. But then we didn't have the books, and Birthright original material is next to impossible to find down here in Brasil. Well, I managed to learn how most things work, but the main problem is to find information about the places, important people, cultures, etc. So I figured maybe some of you guys could help with a few things?

1. What is there to see and do in Aduria? If my math is right, it takes no more than two days in a ship from Aerele into the southern continent, but I can't find any objective information about who lives there and why they never tried to invade Cerilia again.

2. Any idea where I can find information about the bards colleges? It appears the basic books don't describe any of them.

3. Any idea where I can find the character statistics for Gorgon, Rhuobhe, Aelies and other celebrities? Also I looked everywhere for a portrait of Aelies (on the internet) but couldn't find any.

4. About bloodlines: if my character starts out with a bloodline strength of "tainted", I roll 4d4 to see my bloodline score, right... at what score can I say I have become of "minor" bloodline strength? Similarly, let's say I started with "tainted" and have become a "major", would my children be "major" as well?

Thanks in advance!
    In 2nd ed there was absolutely no concrete tie between bloodline score and strength. In fact at creation it was possible for someone with a tainted bloodline strength to have a higher score than somone with a great strength (4d4 (max of 16) versus 8d8 (min of 8))

Go to this link for some "free" Birthright downloads from WotC.
    The Book of Regency is one and it has a description of how to raise one's bloodline strength.
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have developed some of the politics of Aduria off of Rob Baker's map. There are a number of Imperial Anuirean colonies in the north-central area around the large inland sea on the map and I've designated the northwestern region as remnants of some old empires and cultures known as the Truscans (based on the post-imperial Roman/Spanish people) and the Myceans (a Greek people). The Western Isles I've built as a sort of British Isles template.

The extreme southern parts of Aduria for me have always been vast wilderness that grew out of the old empires after their collapse. in my campaign many of these old evil empires turned to fighting amongst themselves after Azrai was slain and their one unifying factor was gone. A handful of empires survived in reduced form but many were turned to smoldering piles of rubble.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks in advance!
    All this is to the best of my knowledge....

1. Aduria has never had Official books about it. There is talk of a great evil overtaking the place, which may have been Azrai, but nothing about what happened there after the cataclysm of Deismaar.

2. I've never seen anything official on the Bards Colleges. I make it up as I go along.

3. Stats for Rhuobhe and the Gorgon can be found on the cards in the original Boxed set. The Blood Enemies Book has many of the other awnshegh. Other Personalities are generally referenced in the sourcebook that has to do wit them. High mage Aelies just has a Minimum stat Block in the Aerenwe section of ruins of empire and his Domain is listed in the other domains at the end of the southern coast section. It's funny, I had never heard of him until I looked him up to answer your post, but he's obviousl important in your campaign.

4. You can never automatically increase your bloodline strength. Increasing bloodline strength is an epic feat that requires epic deeds and should only happen at most once per generation. No worries though, your initial blood score doesn't limit your potential. In other words, there is no upper limit to the number of points you can have based on your Blood Strength.

There are allot of sources for 2E Birthright materials. There are websites where they have downloads, and you can find nearly everything on E-Bay or Amazon.com.

There are some free downlods also.

Officially Sanctioned WOTC free downloads.

You can find unofficial stuff by looking on the internet.
    When you play the game of thrones you win or you die.
    George R. R. Martin - A song of Ice and Fire

Looks like most of my questions were never referred to in the official material anyway. The Book of Regency is really handy though. Thanks for all the help folks. If any of you knows of someone willing to sell off his original Birthright basic box drop me a line

(Edit: added the last line about "someone willing to sell" etc)

Thread Information