Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    We need to ask at the same time, what about orogs? It is my understanding that they, also, are full-time (or at least part-time) underground dwellers in BR. I`m in favor of granting them similar bennies, too.

Lee.
    No issue here to that idea. If it ever comes up in my game I likely would do the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Orogs

In both the Baruk-Azhik PS and the Legends of the Hero-Kings, its pretty clear that the orogs live even further underground than the dwarves do, attacking them from below. The dwarves can interact on the surface during daylight without penalties, the orogs cannot.

If Orogs were to besiege something in Baruk-Azhik, whether a fortress or an entire province (no realm is easily besiged in entirety), most likely, they would surround the place in three dimensions to cut the dwarves off, and after they could expect effects from privation (which can be pretty severe), they would launch an attack.

It sounds to me from the original description that this combat will be resolved (at least one place at a time) with PC's as adventure situations, rather than by just falling back on large scale abstract rules (which are great for producing results somewhere else, but are substantially inferior to gaming a situation out with PC's in the front lines).

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    edited, wow i cant spell at 3 in the morning.

The other part of my campaign is the orogs own the mountains in the chimaeras down to the province of salviene. No im not giving them law, just using it as the source of the under vaults the orogs use. ( o and by the way why are the orogs so damn tall? for a race that dwells under the ground they are WHAY to tall IMO)
    so any way the counsel that runs the Chimerion for the Chimera will use mercenaries to stop the dwarves from entering, and may even strike back at Baruk. But what do you guys think they should find. For those of you who play WOW I do like the lay out of the dwarves lands, with their bunkers every were and tunnels leading from area too area. But are cerilia dwarves as above ground as their warcraft cousins? And leaving mass combat rules aside could a none tunneling armies of humans even have a hope of trying to strike at the dwarves?
    Last edited by marcum uth mather; 09-14-2006 at 01:46 AM.

Thread Information