View Poll Results: Should limited magical transportation (Chap 8) be the default for the setting and not

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 84.09%
  • No

5 11.36%
  • Other, please post a detailed explanation

1 2.27%
  • Abstain

1 2.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    Information from Ch 4 on the Shadow World:[/FONT]
    <snip>
    Thanks for the cut-n-paste, gave me the chance to read it again, and after reading it again I still draw the same conclusion.

The Shadow World = Minor Negative Plane of Shadow
    It didnt always used to be Minor Negative, but that is the effect of the taint of Azrai after the battle at Deismaar. In addition, just because it is the Plane of Shadow, doesnt mean the Fey can't originate from there. Certain faerie "gods"(not necessarily dieties, but any being of god-like ability) could maintain realms in the Shadow World which you might call something similar to the Seelie and Unseelie Courts.

You should definitely reference the material from the Manual of the Planes(3.0 D&D), Planar Handbook(3.5 D&D) and definitely stuff from the PLANESCAPE Campaign Setting.
    Peace is a lie,
    There is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magical Transportation sould be limited - I liked the description in the Birthright novel "The Iron Throne" immediately: Even the Courtmage of Boeruine does take a risk when opens a way to Avanil to let his contact there walk through that way to Boeruine.
    Michael Romes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed. Should be limited. This table is in addition to any other magical mishaps that could happen from teleport, making magical transport risky at best. Failure to do so results in beings such as the Gorgon teleporting in to the palace of every high level regent and bloodthefting them at will. Making teleport risky means that even the Gorgon won't risk that 1% chance of being stuck in the Shadow World.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The term power is more appropriate than god when you refer to the forces that embody the nature of the plane. Also note that standard cosmology does not necessarily apply under all circumstances, and the Shadow World is a transitive plane (NOT the Plane of Shadow, but something uncannily similar) with traits that are uncomfortably similar to those of the ethereal and shadow planes, along with erratic time, and with a mix of the highly, magically and divinely morphic traits. However, it is not minor negative - creatures don't take damage just because they are in the Shadow World.

Please, when anyone wants to make any reference of any credibility, don't just refer to standard and typical cosmological factualities; refering to the most relevant text, Blood Spawn, which can be found here,is more important and helpful for all of us.

Thread Information