Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spelljammer

Downloads
    Uploads

Blood Abilities outside Bloodspace

I've used that one too. When the PCs entered Erik's Domain on the Outlands (via. Sigil), the Reynir based abilities were restored, but otherwise they were ordinary planewalkers. It was a good way of maintaining game balence and keeping the PCs focussed on Cerilia rather than wandering all over the multi-verse. They also picked up some interesting NPC henchmen, a Githzerai, an Aasimon, a tiefling and an Alu-fiend wizardess. There were a number of hooks that lead the PCs planes-ward and it added to the variety of the campaign. My present bunch of PCs have just discovered a mind flayer lair, that will lead them to a crashed nautilioid up in the Seamist Mountains. This I hope will get them off plant in an exotic manner where eventually they can trade ships and enter the phlositgen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a previous campaign, I had my PC's travel deep below the Northern Seamist mountains to retrieve a Holy Avenger entombed in the mountains when its former owner drove it into the rock to bring the mountain down over him, thus baring an Orog army passage through sometome during the prelude to Deismaar.

Here they found an abandoned Dwarf stronghold full of slaves ruled by a Medusa, her two sisters and a functionary corps of Mind Flayers. The whole thing got interesting when the Illithids wanted the heroes to help them stage a coup d'etate.
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

Downloads
    Uploads

Epic Adventures

Sounds like fun, though I would rate a mind flayer over a medusa any day. That high magic resistance really counts. I'd love to hear more about what different people's partys get up to within the birthright realm. latley I tend to use Cerilia as a backdrop for a more regular D & D campaign. The PCs interact with the various regents and their machinations vs. eachother, but this time round are not regents themselves. It would be good to hear what other people are up to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargaroth
    It would be good to hear what other people are up to.
    The campaign I'm currently running is a bit like the one you describe.

It's set in 553 MR, in Boerune. The backdrop is a continuation of a previous campaign. In short, rumors say that a Talinean party infiltrated the Crown, and they saw several signs indicating that the Gorgon is massing his armies. There are also elves moving out from Ruannoch in larger numbers than before. Looks like the Manslayer is up to something... Further, the Boer has moved most of his armies to the south, to the border of Taeghas.

The party has been charged with finding out what the Slayer plans. All of the PC's are blooded, but none are regents. They're basically "Heroes of the Realm". Next, they will travel to the Talinean controlled Five Peaks to follow up on reports of elves crossing the northern borders.

In Regent-speak, you may say they're playing out the Archduke's Espionage realm action.
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

Downloads
    Uploads

Epic Adventures

Sounds like fun, keep me posted.

One of the things I like about the BR world, apart from the opportunity to play regeants, is that it gives plently of opportunities for non-regent PCs to be a part of a fluid dynamic political situation. One of the most important aspects of a successful campign in my mind, is for the players to have a sence that they made a difference in their imaginary world.

Now why some one would help back The Boer for any motivation except gold is beyond me, but it sounds like they are up for a great time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargaroth
    Now why some one would help back The Boer for any motivation except gold is beyond me, but it sounds like they are up for a great time!
    They're all native to Boeruine, and have sworn fealty to the Archduke and the realm, so they have little choice in the matter. At least form the get-go. They will probably have ample opportunities to change sides as the story unfolds, but deserting one's Lord is a grave thing indeed. At least in my book, and probably in the Boer's book too.

As for the updating part, I can't go into details here, since odds are some of my players (the gits) might evesdrop. And given my work situation, we don't play regulary.
    -Harald

Blog

Downloads
    Uploads

Epic Campaigns

Not a problem. Let me know once the playes (gits) have finished unfolding their story. I like the part about the consequences of deserting one's Lord. That kind of feudal feel about things sounds accurate and realistic to me. Keep in mind no matter how they feel about eachother, all of the regents have one thing in common, keeping the peasants in their place! Sounds like you've got a great handle on an appropriate feel for the camgain.

As for my guys, they decided that they didn't want to go after the spelljamming nautiloid after all, and they have travelled south to Taeghas. Their reputations as potant adventurers are following them (they are all about 10th level by now) and they about to get mixed up in local politics again.

Keep up the good work

Thread Information