Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spelljammer

Downloads
    Uploads

Spelljammer

This isn't really a question for this forum, but I'll ask it anyway.

Is there a site dedicated to the Spelljammer setting? I've looked around, but so far without any mentionable luck.
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    The official spelljammer site is http://www.spelljammer.org/ (beyond the moons)

all other links to official sites you can find here:
    http://boards1.wizards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Luckily, if I recall properly, BR setting is incapable of being reached via spelljammers. Just fyi, iirc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    just to help make this an on topic post:

How does spelljammer hook into Birthright? Was the abrynis crystal sphere accessible via spelljammer?
    Peace is a lie,
    There is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn.... don't you hate it when that happens? Posting at same time, but the answer comes before the question. hee hee hee!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I once read something about the Aebrynis Chrystal Sphere becoming inaccessible after the death of the gods as Mt. Deismaar.

Imagine Source powered Helms... The Gorgon's Wrath cruising the phlogiston, searching for soft systems to mine for artefacts and magic... Better it's closed.

But Thanks a bundle!

*Edit: damn typos!*
    Last edited by The Swordgaunt; 08-01-2006 at 06:50 PM.
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

Downloads
    Uploads

Mind Flayers, anyone?

Come to think of it... One of my all time favourite monsters is the Illithids. I'm at work this week, without access to my library, so therefore I ask: Is this race native to the Aebrynis?

I could see a couple of ways to incorporate them in a scenario, but if they're not native, I'd have to get a bit creative. Perhaps a small coven wandered through the Shadow World and ended up sort of stranded...
    -Harald

Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Swordgaunt
    I once read something about the Aebrynis Chrystal Sphere becoming inaccessible after the death of the gods as Mt. Deismaar.

Imagine Source powered Helms... The Gorgon's Wrath cruising the phlogiston, searching for soft systems to mine for artefacts and magic... Better it's closed.

But Thanks a bundle!

*Edit: damn typos!*

Fortunately the Gorgan isnt the most powerful NPC ever. Abier-Toril's got some nassy ones, and that world is definitely accessible via spelljammer.
    Peace is a lie,
    There is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Birthright and Spelljamming

There are refernces to the Birthright sphere in http://sjml.spelljammer.org/archive/...27-000012.html and http://www.geocities.com/dragon-drea...aebrynis3.html - 8k - Supplemental Result . I've had some characters have limited contact with Spelljamming technology, but I've limited it to off world. Spelljammers have a huge capacity to affect game balence. Imagine a fleet of spelljammers able to land troops in any land in Cerilia or Aebrynis that matter in a matter of hours! I have had PCs moving off world, either through jamming or plane walking, but I've been able to prevent them bringing unbalencing forces back to their core realms (e.g. a Ancient Stellar Dragon as guardian of Aebrynis, preventing regular spelljamming traffic).

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the things I like most about RPG's is that the world/universe/multivers works the way the GM wants it too.

I don't care what self important sot decided that Birthright is closed to spelljamming, and everyone must follow their idea. If I want spelljamming in my campaign, it will be there.

Or, as one of my friends said "I wanted Samurai in my movie, so there are Samurai in my movie!"

Having said all that, the Aebrynis Chrystal Sphere becoming inaccessible after the death of the gods as Mt. Deismaar sounds like a good idea. You could always say Blood Abilities don't function outside the crystal sphere though.

Thread Information