Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering what people thought of this book? I am trying to buy all the missing items and wonder if this will be useful in a 3E setting. If it has some good information on the Gods and some artifacts/items...then that makes it worth buying.

Also...Legends of the Hero Kings...anyone care to give some thoughts on that as well?

Thanks for the help!
    Finkin Swiftfingers

Downloads
    Uploads
    It goes into great detail about the Gods dogmas,Holy Days,affiliated orders,etc.It also gives strategy tips.Overall it is HIGHLY recommended,nay I should say REQUIRED reading for ANY regent.

I used to have Hero Kings,but don't remember much of it iother than it being a series of adventures.....
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Roughly half the book is devoted to the gods, including information on the various different orders that follow each god which is quite useful. Most of it is not 2E specific, just a short section at the end of each description.

The rest of the book is mainly devoted information on investiture, strategy and domain actions for priests, a collection of spells (normal, battle and realm) and about 8 pages of magicial items and powerful relics.

Overall, it is a good book and worth buying if you can get hold of it. Not as good as the book of magecraft, but still useful.

Legends of the Hero Kings is a collection of short adventures (roughly 5-15 pages each) which are all well written, well thought out, and fit into the Birthright world a hell of a lot better than the bigger adventures (Sword of Roele, etc) which are all pretty bad. Again, worth buying if you can get it, unless you never use published adventures.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hero Kings is a must have for any DM. I would have to agree that the "short" adventures in it are better than any module.

As far as the book of Priestcraft is concerned, I think it too is a must have!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I went ahead and placed a bid on Ebay for the Book of Priestcraft...I can only hope it arrives soon. Thanks for the replies to my questions!
    Finkin Swiftfingers

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its a really good resource for the campaign & gives a lot of new ideas for PCs who are priests & how NPC priests can interact with everyone
    0=[=====>
    Lord Valkyr, Duke of Aragon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Book of Priestcraft is a must, just like Book of Magecraft and Regency. Get it at all costs.

Legends are also nice, but not as essential. Nice section on various ways to run a BR campaign, though. Still, that part is also available in electronic format...
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully I can find a good deal on Legend's. :)

Must...complete...the...product...line!
    Finkin Swiftfingers

Thread Information