Downloads
    Uploads

Question on Military Cohort Level.

I was wondering if your military cohort level is the exact same as your cohort level. For example, would a level 10 character only have 8 GB of military cohort units? Or would they get the full bonus of their cohort level, since they do pay upkeep either way for the large number of units.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From Chap 8

Lieutenants, Cohorts and Followers
    Lieutenants follow the same rules and are treated as cohorts per the Dungeon Master’s Guide. A regent must have the Leadership feat in order to obtain a Lieutenant, unless one of the above variants is being used.
    The total number of military cohorts is limited to their muster cost (in GB) being equivalent to the starting level of a cohort per the Dungeon Master’s Guide as appropriate for the regent’s leadership score. The limit to level of a military cohort uses the regent’s leadership score instead of his actual level for determining the highest level of cohort available.

I think that will answer your question.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Jeebus

Asra is in my game, and he took the military cohort with his leadership feat. That unit almost singlehandedly annihlated almost half the standing army of a nation before finally being destroyed.

Now its going to come back, stronger than before(was only worth 8GB before), and Im gonna have to get creative to kill them again. Definitely going to have to muster some elite pikemen...
    Peace is a lie,
    There is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

It's not that hard to beat. You just sent waves of mediocre infantry and archers after it is all. One heros unit of cavalry would do exactly what his unit did :-p

Plus is it still a 8 GB cohort? There ARE negative modifers for the loss of cohorts/followers in a leadership score, modifiers that should still apply even for a miltiary cohort.
    I.E. -2 per cohort killed.
    Last edited by Mikal; 07-27-2006 at 07:19 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikal
    It's not that hard to beat. You just sent waves of mediocre infantry and archers after it is all. One heros unit of cavalry would do exactly what his unit did :-p
    You do know that the Heroes unit is actually the PCs joining a military unit and not something that can be merely dropped onto an existing unit as if it was a result of special training right? It is not something that can be added like Marine or Scout.

Plus is it still a 8 GB cohort? There ARE negative modifers for the loss of cohorts/followers in a leadership score, modifiers that should still apply even for a miltiary cohort.
    I.E. -2 per cohort killed.
    Yes - the level of the cohort available is determined by the regent's leadership score and that is handled as per the DMG (with other modifers specified in the BRCS that are unique to the setting of course).

From the Sanctioned Chap 1:

Leadership [General] [Modified]

In addition to the benefits listed in the Dungeon Masters Guide, BIRTHRIGHT characters may use this feat to attract military units as cohorts. A military cohort counts against the total cohort level to which the character is normally entitled. In order to attract a military cohort, a character must have a base attack bonus of +6 or higher. If a military cohort is selected, the character may muster an army consisting of units whose total muster value in GB does not exceed their cohort level (see the Dungeon Master's Guide).

There is no GB cost attached to recruiting a military cohort, but it does require a dedicated domain action to muster each unit. Thus, it would take three months of dedicated effort for a character to apply their leadership to muster a military cohort consisting of three units. The character can only muster units that could normally be raised in a particular province (see Chapter Six: Armies and Warfare). Once mustered, the military cohort will remain standing until destroyed or disbanded. Even the most able of leaders must provide food and shelter for their men. However, the men of a military cohort follow primarily out of personal loyalty and thus maintenance costs for the units of a military cohort are reduced by 50%.

The total GB muster value of the units in a military cohort may never exceed the cohort level appropriate for your leadership score. If a unit in a military cohort is destroyed, the value of the destroyed unit counts against the military cohort for a full year. After a year passes, the leader may "re-spend" the muster value associated with the destroyed unit. The muster value associated with healthy units that are voluntarily disbanded are available again immediately.

Massive losses and/or impressive military victories may modify the character's leadership score.
    Duane Eggert

Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    You do know that the Heroes unit is actually the PCs joining a military unit and not something that can be merely dropped onto an existing unit as if it was a result of special training right? It is not something that can be added like Marine or Scout.
    Yes. I know. As a military regent type I'd usually join my old unit when need be.

BTW the unit we're talking about was headed by a NPC of note, making it a heros unit. As was my example.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually hes referring to the fact that I had my 8 GB unit led personally by me Champion. I was going to lead it myself, though I instead used the Champion for this, since he was level 8 and was sufficiently reknowned enough to have some impact on the battle. Thanks for pointing out the military cohort thing. Thanks.
    Last edited by Asra; 07-28-2006 at 12:53 AM.

Thread Information