Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey, since Blood Enemies is so very out of print, does anyone know a good place to get more information on the big bads in there? Just kind of curious about them, especialy the White Witch.

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On 8/17/06, ThatSeanGuy <brnetboard@birthright.net> wrote:
    > Hey, since Blood Enemies is so very out of print, does anyone know a good place to get more information on the big bads in there? Just kind of curious about them, especialy the White Witch.

You can still buy Blood Enemies.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=982

--
    Daniel McSorley

Quote Originally Posted by epicsoul
    Yuppers, from the novel, as well as the PS book. The PS book has the answer to the riddle, in Kalien's safe...

Basically, old Richard Endier had a riddle contest with Spidey, and stumped him. Spidey made an oath to not attack Endier until such time as the riddle was solved.
    I thought the Spider was evil. He just stays put and gets his minions to overrun Endier and bring Richard back in chains and then tortures an answer out of him.

Don't tell me he is honourably obeying the spirit of the oath? How diet coke of evil is that!

Also, what is the actual riddle?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cutenfluffy
    I thought the Spider was evil. He just stays put and gets his minions to overrun Endier and bring Richard back in chains and then tortures an answer out of him.

Don't tell me he is honourably obeying the spirit of the oath? How diet coke of evil is that!

Also, what is the actual riddle?
    Spidey is evil, but had some honour back then, and wasn't quite as mad... that is why I say only if he remembers the oath any longer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My PCs defeated White Witch durning "Bloodstone" adventure series.
    I used such 3,5 statblocks for her:

WHITE WITCH, Human, Clr13/Hie5/Awn3; CR 21; AL CE;
    HD 18d8+90+3d10+15; hp 378+Shield Other; froozen blood -> attacker Fort DC29 or takes 1d6 Str.
    Init +12; Spd 60 ft/x4;
    AC 40 (+9 mithral chain shirt made of ice of Light Fortification & Luck+3, +6 dex, +5 natural (froozen blood), +5 deflection ring+5, +5 expertise);
    Atk +11/+6/+1[+17/+12/+7/+2] (1d6+2[+12]do 4d6+2[+12]+Disruption,19-20/x2, Club),
    +11/+6/+1[+17/+12/+7/+2] (*+2/20/x2, Touch),
    +15/+10/+5[+17/+12/+7/+2] (*/20/x2, Ray);

SQ: immunity to cold, Protection from Fire, (acid, electricity, sonic), energy-drain, negative energy & death effects
    Greater Spell Immunity (5 zaklęć): Dimensional Anchor, Holy Word, Irresistible Dance, Prismatic Spray, Disintegrate
    SR 40
    Brooch of Shielding, Ioun Stone [Absorbs spells of 8th level or lower], ring of Counterspells [Flame Strike], Contingency: when Dispel Magic -> Greater Dispel Magic as a counterspell.
    NO SUMMONING good creatures, Stoneskin

Fort +27, Ref +23, Will +33;
    Str 14(+2), Dex 22(+6), Con 20(+5), Int 18(+4), Wis 33(+11), Cha 30(+10);
    Skills & Feats: Bluff +20, Concentration +26, Diplomacy +35, Disguise +20, Intimidate +22, Knowledge (arcana) +25, Knowledge (architecture & engineering) +14, Knowledge (religion) +25, Knowledge (the planes) +22, Listen +20, Perform (lyre) +11, Ride +16, Sense Motive +21, Spellcraft +27, Spot +20.
    Combat Expertise, Improved Initiative, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Mounted Combat, Forge Ring, Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, Quicken Spell, Silent Spell, Still Spell, Widen Spell, Close-Quarters Fighting, Delay Spell, Persistent Spell
    Divine Reach(Su): You can use spells with a range of touch on a target up to 30 feet away.
    Rebuke Undead (Su): 13/day, 1d20+12; dmg 2d6+23
    Gift of the Divine(Su): You can transfer one or more of uses of your rebuke undead ability to a willing creature.

BLOOD ABILITIES:
    * False Seeing when you see in her eyes; no save -> „The Snow Queen” mirror’s effect. To remove -> You must cry because of good emotions or Limited Wish.
    * False Thinking on the heart of anyone who hugs White Witch. Alignemnet -> CE. To remove -> you must to hug a loved person or Limited Wish
    * Ice Kiss: 1. Immune to cold, To remove: permanent
    2. Forget all life, To remove: magia
    3. Eternal Sleep, To remove: magia
    4. Dead, To remove: magia

STAFF OF KRIESHA This staff is CE. Its Intelligence equals 13 (empathic with user) and its Ego is 10. It can control the actions of a user whose combined Intelligence, Charisma, and level (-1 per 5 wounds) is less than 23. Only CE characters may use the staff; others suffer 4d6 points of cold damage if they try.
    • Striking, adamantine: For each attack the user can choose to spend 1, 2, or 3, changes dmg to 2d6, 3d6, 4d6.
    • Disruption+1 na dobrych outsiderów
    • The staff can cast any of the following priestly spells: Spell Resistance (10 charges), True Seeing (10 charges), Heal (12 charges), Horrid Wilting (16 charges)
    • Deflect dragon breath (10 charges)
    The staff holds up to 20 charges and regains 1 charge per winter night.

WINTERING (immune to cold; Flashfrost (Delayed Cold Blast Fireball) 3/day; Blizzard 3/day
    Blizzard
    Evocation [Cold]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Area: Cylinder (20-ft. radius, 40 ft. high)
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Fort half; see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    Creates blizzard, and deals 3d6 bludgeoning dmg & 2d6 cold dmg. Anyone caught in the blizzard who fails his save is trapped (prone) in blizzard ‘till next round, when he can roll another save.

RING OF BEAUTY – ring of protection+5, Cha+10 (kumulatywne), aligment CE

Bag of Holding Type I, Candle of Invocation (adds 2 levels), Incense of Meditation (all spells Maximized), Bead of karma (+4 caster level, 10 minutes), Phylactery of Undead Turning, Scarab of Protection, ring of Counterspells [Dispel vs Dispel], Brooch of Shielding, Ioun Stone [Absorbs spells of 8th level or lower], Periapt of Wisdom+6, Cloak of Charisma+6

Greater Extend Metamagic Rod, Greater Widen Metamagic Rod,
    gem do Refuge [1,500 gp],
    potions & oils: Fly, Gaseous form
    Scrolls: Word of Recall, Heal, Dispel Magic, Banishment, True Seeing

Focuses & Components: diamonds worth 25,000 gp, black sapphire worth 20,000 gp, 2 x Lavender and green Ioun Stone [Absorbs spells of 8th level or lower] lub 2 x ring of protection+4, powdered diamond worth 5,000 gp, powdered opal worth 5,000 gp, ring of protection+3, gems worth 1,500 gp do Refuge, powdered diamond and opal worth 5,000 gp, jacinth worth at least 1,000 gp, Herbs, oils, and incense worth at least 5,000 gp, rare incenses worth at least 37,500 gp

1st OOOOOOO DC22, Invisibility, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
    2nd OOOOOOO DC23, Nondetection, Maximized Aid, Align Weapon, Bear’s Endurance, Hold Person, Silence
    3rd ØØOOOOO DC24, Extended Magic Vestment, Extended Spikes, Blindness/Deafness, Magic Vestment, Meld into Stone, Divine Reach Protection from Energy, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Wind Wall
    4th ØØOOOO DC25, Persistent Detect Magic, Persistent Detect Poison, Maximized wall of ice or ice storm, Confusion, Air Walk, Divine Reach Death Ward, Dimensional Anchor, Dismissal, Divine Power, Divine Reach Freedom of Movement, Maximized Divine Reach Poison
    5th ØØØOOOOOOOO DC26, Persistent Divine Favor, Persistent Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Extended Superior Resistance, Maximized cone of cold, Maximized Flame Strike, Maximized Blizzard, Righteous Might, Divine Reach Slay Living, Divine Reach Spell Resistance, Extended True Seeing
    6th ØØØOOOO DC27, Persistent Nondetection, Persistent Maximized Aid, Persistent Bear’s Endurance, Quickened Divine Reach Death Knell, Quickened Hold Person, Quickened Silence, Quickened Maximized Sound Burst, Maximized freezing sphere (3m. rad., 15d6 Ref ½), Mislead, Antilife Shell, Banishment, Greater Dispel Magic, Divine Reach Harm, Divine Reach Heal
    7th ØØØOOOOOO DC28, Persistent Protection from Energy (acid, electricity, sonic), Quickened Bestow Curse, Quickened Blindness/Deafness, Quickened Deeper Darkness, Quickened Dispel Magic, Maximized Flashfrost (Delayed Cold Blast Fireball), Blasphemy, Divine Reach Destruction
    8th ØØOOOO DC29, Persistent Divine Power, Persistent Freedom of Movement, Quickened Maximized Ice Storm, Maximized Horrid Wilting, Antimagic Field, Maximized Fire Storm
    9th ØØOOO DC30, Persistent Spell Resistance, Persistent True Seeing, Quickened Divine Reach Slay Living, Time Stop, Mass Heal, Implosion*, Miracle, Soul Bind, Maximized Storm of Vengeance*, True Resurrection, Obleczenie się w żywioł*
    *Spores (Ex): 1d8 to all adjacent & then 1d4 dmg every 10 rd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Percy
    My PCs defeated White Witch durning "Bloodstone" adventure series.

???? You ran the Bloodstone Pass series in BR? How? Having run that adventure series a few times now, it just doesn't fit very well... that being said, I actually use a modified realm system for BRCS even now for the realm that my old group runs in Damara... campaign still played off and on from level 1 to level 27, converted from 2e to player's option, to 3.0, and now to 3.5 (epic paladins are scary).

Strikes me that White Witch is kinda wimpy in stats if you are running Bloodstone series... Zhengyi would mop the floor with her.

You can still buy Blood Enemies
    So I can. Thanks!

As for the White Witch...interesting, though I'm not familiar with the referenced adventure series.

Wouldn't the staff of Kriesha be Lawful Evil, though? A Chaotic Evil weapon seems sorta more Belinik's thing. Don't want to make the thread drift or anything, just a thought.

Thread Information