Downloads
    Uploads

Another Question; Allied Regeants in the Same Lands

Ive got a problem and answer to it doesnt really exist. If Ive got 2 allied regeants, in my case a PC and his cohort(effectively another PC), ruling over different holdings (one law and guilds, the other source and Temple). I would think that they would require their own individual courts, but there is nothing to say wether or not they do require their own court, or they can make edicts and function from a shared one. Help?!

(forgive me for asking so many questions, Im actually putting your material to use, you might call it playtesting )
    Peace is a lie,
    There is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Small clarification: my cohort is my LIEUTENANT, not an ally. He just governs temple and source holdings in my name, sort of a twist on the wizard regent whose lieutenant administrates law holdings since wizards suck at it. i.e. they're MY holdings, he just collects the regency

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikal
    Small clarification: my cohort is my LIEUTENANT, not an ally. He just governs temple and source holdings in my name, sort of a twist on the wizard regent whose lieutenant administrates law holdings since wizards suck at it. i.e. they're MY holdings, he just collects the regency and gold bars

there, fixed
    Peace is a lie,
    There is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

technically i control the gold bars. i let him hold onto them in a seperate treasury to placate the masses. And for my own nefarious slush fund purposes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lts don't rule holdings and don't have holdings of their own.

Lts "speak for the regent" and can perform actions in his place.

Vassals are those who rule holdings and owe allegiance to another regent.

Once a Lt is granted a holding he becomes a vassal and the rules are different.

Applicable text from Ch 5
    Lieutenants

The court of a powerful regent may have many trusted courtiers, but most courtiers have strictly defined responsibilities and checks and balances to keep them from overstepping their prerogatives. A domain's regent may, however, name one or more of his courtiers as his lieutenant(s). A domain's lieutenants are authorized to speak with the voice of the regent, even to the extent of waging war against a foreign nation, spending significant portions of the realms treasury, dispensing justice, making binding agreements, and other activities that are generally considered the prerogative of the regent alone. Thus a lieutenant can perform most domain actions with the same advantages that a regent receives when personally attending to domain actions and events. Refer to Chapter Eight: Outside the lines for more details on Lieutenants.

Lieutenancy:
    You declare a character as having the authority to speak on the domain’s behalf. A recognized lieutenant can stand in for the regent in almost any domain-level matter and is recognized as wielding the same authority as the regent himself. A domain’s heir is often a lieutenant first, but this need not be the case. A lieutenant character may spend character actions to provide bonuses to domain actions in the same way that the domain’s regent can. There is no limit to the number of lieutenants that a realm can have, but a clear system for determining the responsibilities and resolution of conflicts between them must exist.

Vassalage: You accept the sworn vassalage of another regent. This ceremony requires the active partici­pation of a temple regent capable of casting realm spell in the province in which the ceremony is performed (this counts as a court action for the temple regent’s domain). Once sworn, this ceremony provides the liege with a seasonal tribute of regency from the vassal subject. This tribute can be any amount, but does not generally exceed 1 RP per province or holding that the vassal holds in the liege’s name. This ceremony is binding but either can revoke it by issuing a decree of independence.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information