Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again,

I was wondering that perhaps the Anuirean imperial structure could work similar to that of the Holy Roman empire. I think that someone from the mailing list made mention to this last summer and I have been pondering it ever since.

The Barons, Dukes, and Kingdoms of Anuire could all have a vote to name the King or Emperor.

Perhaps the Anuirean located churches of Haelyn could also be part of the vote since the Bishops did during the time of Barbarossa.

In regards to the secular rulers originally the 13 duchies would be those who had votes but since then new duchies have appeared and old ones have disappeared, been reduced in status, or have proclaimed to be princes. Thus, because of all the mess I would just say those who can vote in the sword and crown be able to take part of this.

Now for the bishops, I think they were the heads of diocese and lived in major cities. Some bishops held over two cities but for Birthright we could say they are either the regents or one from each realm or city. This is of course up to the players of the game. I would also think that the bishops have fewer votes than the secular lords in this matter as they did in the Holy Roman empire. Of course there is no real sense of central authority, or at least from the many campaigns that I played there never was that sense, not even the Chamberlain held much weight. Thus the Imperial City has no Pope-like figure, and even if there was one the OIT would more than likely break off and act like the Greek Orthordox in the Balkans.

Anyway just some ideas I have been thinking about and hopefully will spark some discussion for everyone.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why couldn't the Anuirean imperial structure work like the Holy Roman Empire? I have said this before on this site that the great thing about Birthright is that you can make it whatever you want it to be. The only problem is there are way too many different religions in power to make it totally work.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I enjoy the Roman-esque feel to it myself.

I play with the Imperial Senate mirroring that of the ROmans version, and dosed with a nice heeping helping of the Canadian Parliment for flavour.

The chamberlain is the "Speaker of the House" or the Chairman. He directs the meetings. The other members of the Senate (ambassadors & senators from the realms) all sit in a pre-determined oval hall. There are 2 levels - the lowest is the gallery, where peasants may enter and gather to watch (knwon as the "Mob" there is a balcanoy around this levelfrom which the nobility of the Imperial City may watch the proceedings.

THe second level is anoth balcony, stepped up so that the members in the last row are quite high from the gallery floor. THis is where all the diplomats sit. THe chamberlain sits on a large ornate chair on the northern arch of the oval (whose position is known as "the pommel of justice" - from here the sword of Haelyn & the Empire prtoects the realms of man...) , with the replica Iron THrone (empty) behind & slightly above him.

Ross Watson did an excellent post to the list a few months back on the subject of the Senate as well. I recommend you search the archives and give it a read.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like this concept. It allows for many different regents to have a role in the game and gives them something that can bind them together. I will have to see if I can find that posting.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    The way I see it,

13 dukes aka barons, or kingdoms but traditionally they were dukes would be electors.

Then to keep the same proportion of bishops with the historical context there should be 10. I think if you take all the faiths of haelyn and cuiraecen they equal 10 or was it just haelyn, I am at the university with no books so forgive my memory.

This would work out if Anuire stretched to all the places these temples still are, however the empire has receded, as we all know, making this a little difficult.

Perhaps the numbers could simply be modified to suit the current setting somehow?
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The political aspect of my campaign is still more of the fuedal warlords of Germany stage. The regents only cooperate through the alliances they forge or break on their own. The only empire wide peace comes every 5 years with the Sword and Crown event that still takes place.

The church/religious aspect is quite different. I've rewritten that entire section of the campaign (due to my own religious beliefs...). Its more of a Reformation period. There are two main factions of faith the Andu-Christians (similar to Catholicism) and the other is the Neo-Christian (the exiled churches of the early stages of the reformation). The Andu-Christian churches are presided over by a pope and a ruling council of 12 archbishops from the various influencial realms. The Neo-Christian church is relatively new and lacks a strong central leadership.

The Andu-Christian church weilds significant power and plays a key role in the success and failure of regents.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Thread Information