Thread: Knights

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads

Knights

Hi all-

Has anyone used a knight class in their Birthright games?

There are a number of sources with good ideas for one. The Player's Handbook 2 was recently released- it's knight version was quite good imo. But preceeding it was Legends of Excalibur from RPG Objects with a good knight class (and many prestige knights too).

I've taken some of the best ideas of all of them to create my own for Birthright, as a knight class seems like a natural fit for the setting.

Has anyone else used a knight class in your campaigns? How'd it work?

-Fizz

Knights

I'm running a game where knighthood is basically the theme*. The funny thing is that all my players see Fighter and Paladin as the only two classes they really need to portray knights. None of the Knight classes or prestige classes we've encountered (and I think there are some good ones out there) can give them what they feel is a better Knight than the two basic classes.

*It's the Birthright setting, but I'm doing a heavily Pendragon-flavoured game. The PC's are nobles, but not yet regents; they'll become regents around 12th-15th level.

-Sean
    Last edited by celtibear; 07-10-2006 at 02:13 PM.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, `knight' can be different things to different people. If you see a `knight' as a mounted warrior, then fighter and paladin do just fine.

I prefer the take that Castles & Crusades and the PH2 took- that the knight is an honorable combatant who can take charge of the battlefield and lead others into a fight.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bjorn, The Green Knight, From Ruins of Empire. http://ruinsofempire.twilightpeaks.net has added a Knight template that can be added to characters. I'm not sure if it is just fighters or not, but it effectively trades out some abilities and skills for others to make the character more knight like. From looking at it I remember thinking that it would seem to work really well from a historical context of what I knight really was. It falls in the vein of kits from the old 2nd edition. I don't think it has made it to the downloads section of the webpage yet, so it might only be available from joining the yahoo group.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Thread Information