Downloads
    Uploads

Theo's Crimelords

Seems I have a bit more to share. I found some old files that were attempting to document the last Birthright campaign I was running for some friends. It took place on a very small scale, in the Imperial City. The goal of the campaign was for the PC's to build their own crime organizations to take over the Empire (it was an "evil campaign"). There's very little there now, but you might like the introduction and brief synopsis of the state of the Imperial City's day-to-day functions. I'll try to add more from memory over time.

http://www.theoretic.com/-theo/ideas...ht/crimelords/

I could see this being a useful and fun variant of Birthright.
    All the Regents would be leaders of various guilds that are each after the monopoly on the guild holding in a province/realm. Though it might be necesary to redefine some domain action or at least the turn breakup.

Here is how I might do something like this:

Turns have 4 rounds, each round is one week, making a Turn 1 month.
    If the game is based in one city the "Provinces" could be areas of the city.
    Mustering troops is more likely the hiring of individuals or small groups of thugs.
    Instead of Regency maybe use Reputation.
    Maybe drop bloodlines for this type of game, or at least limit them a little.
    Domain Actions would have to be broken down into lesser actions that are more in line with the faster pace of a weekly round system.
    Expand the Espionage Action into its lesser derivatives.

These are just a few ideas that I got when I looked over the ideas of AdamTheo. Maybe we can flesh this out for a Birthright Variant.
    "The Light Grows Dim, Darkness seeps in the cracks."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, this would be very nice, IMO. For this Crimelords Campaign I was using my Generic d20 Domain Ruling System, also found on my Birthright Ideas section. There were a lot more rules that I had made for it, but I seemed to have lost a lot of them. I'll try to type up the ones I remember and post them there in the future. And if enough people are interested in developing those d20 Domain rules, I can host the effort at my website, www.theoretic.com

It will be a couple of months before I'm able to do anything, however, since I'm about to leave for Basic Military Training for the Air Force tomorrow, and will not have internet access for many weeks. But I'll check back here to see if there is any interest in this idea.

Thread Information