Downloads
    Uploads

Experience points for actions

In 2E books there were rules on giving experience to regents for completing different actions. I figured this was a cool idea, and put together a quick chart reflecting this.

Now I know the rewards a low - this is because they are in addition to whatever happens, which is reward in a realm sense. I didn't expect people to fly up through levels from doing actions. But it does allow people to get a little exp for doing things such as ruling a domain. Wow, what a novel concept, eh? Note there is no exp for warfare.

Anyway, if I did this right, the .doc file should be attached to this posting.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually there were never any rules in the 2nd ed BR books about awarding xp for domain actions.

The only written rules on this were from this site (in the old days).

They did exist in the PC game and that was what the website rules were based on, IIRC.

If you are going to use these with 3.x ruleset - do not tie them into any class.

This flies in the face of how 3.x awards xp. Basically for overcoming challenges - regardless of class.

The BRCS rules have skill based domain actions and RP gaining, that "favor" certain classes - but don't exclude any, with the exception of sources and domain spells.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, hmmm. Thanks for the history bit - I couldn't remember where it was from and thought it was 2E. My bad.

As for doubling the exp for specific classes, I guess it's fair to remove that. After all you don't get that much exp from this anyway.

Thread Information