Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BR in Print?

Downloads
    Uploads

BR in Print?

One of my table top players yesterday told me that he was really excited that the official Birthright book was coming out in print, (I think he said next month, not sure) and that he had reserved his copy at a gaming store he goes to. I haven't heard anything about the BRCS being anywhere near ready to print and ship off to stores. Am I wrong? and if I am right, then what in the heck did my friend pre-order!??
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    There were a couple of birthright revisions talked about a while ago but they are in developement hell maybe one of them is on the move again. I forget who the two companies that were working on it were but I think one of the them might have been mongoose. I have it written down somewhere so expect me to find it in a few years from now and not any time soon.

Oh wait was one of the hackmaster or hackright or something?
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    The mongoose br type game is now being adapted to conan and being called hyborian empires instead of bloodlines a real pitty but the book might still have some useful information. everything for bloodlines will likely go and it will be conans world.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I have not heard of anyone picking up the rights for Birthright yet. I know of several companies that tried to get the rights but WotC had wanted too much for them, at least at the time.
    If you can find out who is publishing it (if it is true) then please post it. The masses want to know.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if they dropped the concept for bloodlines completely over there at Mongoose, but there probably will be a Hackright (it was advertised, and me not having seen it means it may or may not have been published).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mongoose have mentioned on thier forum having dropped the project and using the material in the conan book I mentioned. Maybe they still have some plans for the future but I wouldn't bet on it.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    I talked to my friend again to get the exact details.

He went into his favorite local gaming store, called "The Keep", in Fort Wayne, a city about 45min from where we live, and the nearest town with a gaming store.

He asked the owner "So, is there any news on when Birthright is coming out?" and the storekeep went to his book of suppliers, looked it up and said "The end of July, do you want me to reserve you a copy?" and my friend said "yes."

So, I've searched and haven't found any gaming product by that name or release date, though my sources are limited.

So, I told him that I wondered "What did he pre-order exactly?" should be fun to find out!
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Downloads
    Uploads

Woowoo

We are all waiting patiently : )
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RaspK_FOG
    I don't know if they dropped the concept for bloodlines completely over there at Mongoose, but there probably will be a Hackright (it was advertised, and me not having seen it means it may or may not have been published).
    You won't be seeing a Hackright come out.

If you notice it was dropped by Kenzer.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    You won't be seeing a Hackright come out.

If you notice it was dropped by Kenzer.
    Too bad: HackMaster is one of my favourite gaming lines, despite (if not even because of) its silliness.

Thread Information