Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oriental

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was planning to use as much of the OA as possible. I would probably make another map, especially if we want it to be land of the Setting Sun. I don't know about gods. Perhaps we could use the existing gods, but with new names. Another possibility is to use the Fates from OA, having shamans instead of clerics. It could also be as someone mentioned, a group of ascended mortals (that would bring it close to the world of BR)

Baragos
    "I am the Servant of the Flame of Arnor"

OK, lets get a group togeather that wants to take on this challenge.

I do not have the skill or ability to do maps, so someone else will need to take over that as we develope more.

I do know how to do basic to medium level in HTML web pages, so I can help out with that.

Made a working web page at http://www.angelfire.com/fl/switala/birthr...jadeempire.html none of the links work, but you can get the idea.

I think I have a pretty good imagination and writing ability, spelling needs help;) , so I can help there.

Somebody with good Oriental history would be a plus, I know alittle and am a District Manager for a Book Store so can research and learn alittle also.

I would say a design team/board of five people and a larger group of any number to do editing, ideas, assiting, ect... The BR 3e Designers would also be a big help.

Maybe Arjan can make us a Empires of Jade board to get started or maybe the Empire of the Setting Sun? I guess a name for the expansion to start would be good, I was trying to stay with Ian's Empire of Blood name.
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever.
    (Isaiah 40:8)

While material can be garnered from OA clans, it would not be possible to use them everywhere. An Oriental BR Land would use pseudo-historical cultures from Earth. So far I have indentified five such cultures (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Mongolian and Southeast Asia). We may need six like in Cerilia. We might use the clans in the Japaneselike culture but not in the others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can of course count me in. Six cultures in BR? I can only count 5, unless you include the Masetians.

I don't know anything about the technical stuff, so that will be another persons responsibility. What I do know (and can do) is come up with things that are fairly consistent with the spirit of the d20/3E rules system. I would also like to think that I know something about oriental anthropology, but map making is unfortunately not my greatest asset, either.
    For a name I would suggest something with 'Sun' or 'Jade', but an exact name is still beyond me (I like the suggestions so far, just don't know which one, if any, would be the best).

I won't pretend to take on the mantle of rulership in this affair, but someone has to be the "central" person, so if you could email me we could get started (perhaps set a date for a message board chat, exchanging ideas, etc.).
    My email is: bruno_kristensen@hotmail.com

Baragos
    "I am the Servant of the Flame of Arnor"

I agree with the idea of at least 4 or five cultures.

I was thinking on the lines of:

China-Emperor and about 10 famlies.

Japan-Multiple small clans

Korea-An alliance of three families against China

Monguls-Vos

South East Asia-Multiple small islands and kingdoms.

Probably about 30-40 Landed Regents. I will upload a start of my ideas on famlies for the Empire and Korea.

I really want to get a group togeather to do this.

I have formed a message board
    http://pub25.ezboard.com/bbirthrightoriental

It is a membership board and I have asked alot of you all for help, if I forgot you please email me at switala@angelfire.com
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever.
    (Isaiah 40:8)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where do you want to locate an OA? I don't hope you think of Khinasi! Khinasi is an arabic advanture, no oriental. Vosgaard, Rjurik, Brechtür or Anuire don't fill the hole either. More cultures don't exist on cerilia, so I don't think it's a good idea...

(May be you can use it, if you play an Aduira campaign or raise the Masetian culture as an oriental setting, then it might be o.k.)
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no - please no oriental setting in the Birthright campaign. This oriental stuff will result in a major cultural and social change in cerilia. Also if you place an OC in Aduria or somewhere else there is always the problem to include the setting in the normal historic timeline.

The Forgotten Realms have shown what problems result in something like that. Inconsistance and master-dependant game rules.

An oriental setting in birthright makes obsolutely no sense. there are enought different cultures.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Thread Information