Thread: Emerald Spire

Downloads
    Uploads

Emerald Spire

I'm reading the Hogunmark book and found Emerald Spire mentioned as an importante power in the nation. I can not find any more information on them. The way they are mentioned in the book it seems like information everyone just know.

Could anyone tell me more about them or point me in the direction of a book, or web page that has more information about them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Emerald Spire is detailed on page 45 of "The Rjurik Highlands." It is one of the two major temples of Erik in the Highlands (along with the Oaken Grove) and is considered to represent the more traditional aspect of Erik's worship, thus is popular amongst the northerners (like the Hoguns) and nomads. I believe that it may be one of the strongest temples in all of Cerilia, on par with the Western Imperial Temple of Haelyn, the Oaken Grove of Erik and the Temple of Might in Vosgaard.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emerald Spire

The worship of Erik has divided into two distinct sects, the Emerald Sprire and the Oaken Grove. How much they are rivals, or friendly, or hostile, depends on the local situation. In general I don't think the ES and the OG are nearly as hostile as rival sects can be elsewhere, but on a local situation the two temples can vie for influence in a royal court, over an open spot in a particular province, and the like.

The Emerald Spire is going to be more conservative and traditional in its theology, ritual, and practice, demanding stricter conduct from its druids as well as its worshipers.

The Oaken Grove is the more modernizing and innovative sect, seeing their mandate to protect and aid the Rjurik to include finding a desirable route to development in a way that keeps to Erik's will. The ES denies that this is possible. The OG is also going to be more open to foriegn people, the inclusion of the other gods in rights rites and temples, and overall contact with others.

One of the reasons I gave druids the ability to utilize sources as well as temples was because it creates a nice tension where the ES mostly goes after sources, and desires an undeveloped land inhabited by a few traditional Rjurik. Meanwhile the OG advocates development and goes after temples. Plus it convieniently explains the few wizards in the Rjurik lands.

Thread Information