Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Download error

Download error

I'm getting an Error:500 when I try to download anything from this site.

I searched the forums, but I didn't find anything about this problem.

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm. I just checked the downloads section and it seems that the files are all rar files.

Not everyone has the capability to deal with rar files.

IMO these should either be modified to be self extracting rar files or plain old zip ones. Just about everyone who can deal with pdf files (i.e., has a pdf reader program) has a zip program.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems like just the updated versions of the chapters of the D20 BRCS are in the rar format. I had to download winrar to be able to look at them. It is evaluation software so I am not sure if it will quit working on me or not. I would agree with Irdeggman that zip is more cross-platform friendly.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dekker, How far do you get into the download process before you get the error?
    Regards,
    Ausrick

I click on the "Download Here" link at the bottom of this page: http://www.birthright.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=26

And then I get this error:

Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The request was rejected by the HTTP filter. Contact your ISA Server administrator. (12217)

Downloads
    Uploads
    That link worked for me. I am using IE Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519.

I checked it with Netscape and Firefox and they both seemed ok with it.

Are you using anything like Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2003 to view it? Microsoft seems to have recorded some problems with that and ISA servers.

It seems to be a problem with something called "Hi-Bit characters", like the Umlauts in German or the ~ above "N" in spanish for the ny sound. Microsoft says that the Server Administrator should disable the "Block Hi-Bit Characters" option on the server side. But most of the Admins have posted that that did not solve their problem (<sarcasm>suprise</sarcasm>) But one admin did say that after playing around in the "http filter" settings, unchecking "verify normalization" helped.

As usual, Microsoft blames ISAserver for the problem, and ISAserver doesn't really mention anything about it on their website

If you are running Internet Explorer and running into this problem. I would suggest the easiest work around is to download Mozilla Firefox. I'm not bashing Internet Explorer. It's just that I've seen two computers with the exact same version where one will have a problem with a certain webpage and the other will not, and who knows why? And you can't just re-install Internet Explorer very well. So often picking a different browser is the only work around when people are shrugging their shoulders at the problem.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Actually, I tried it first using Firefox. IE gives the very same error. Could it be something server-side that's blocking my IP address? I'm at a military installation right now and I've had problems with my SMTP server rejecting my connection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    Not everyone has the capability to deal with rar files.
    oh, i didn't think about that. This week-end, i 'll have some time to improve this (and other thing).
    In waiting, or for people could be install this excellent software winrar, you can find it at http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    7-Zip is another one. Its free and can handle rar as well as zip files.

When I get home I'll see if I can find the link to the site.

Here is the link:
    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

At work I can't load software though so I'm stuck with the preinstalled win zip.
    Last edited by irdeggman; 04-19-2006 at 10:07 PM.
    Duane Eggert

Junior Member Stiele Emeraldcrown's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I click download button, page cannot displayed screen in my browser shows up help please.

Thread Information