Downloads
    Uploads

GBs collection in the new 3.5 rules

I just started reading the new rules that I donwloaded from your site. The use of fractions in relation to GBs throw me.

There is something in there about road maintence cost 1/6GB. Is this 1 GB for every six provinces the road crosses? What if the road is only 4 provinces long?

Also when collecting for holdings 2/3 or 1/3 of the level of the holding is far easier to handle than rolling a bunch of die but if the holding level is 5 then how much do you collect? Do you guys round down or keep fractions? Tell me if I got this right, there is no difference in having a temple 3 in a province 3 or a province 7? If this is correct, doesn't that take away some of the polictical aspects of the game i.e. the temple & guild regents wanting the province ruler to raise the province level so they get more income but the province mage would suffer on his/her sources if the province level was raised.

Forgive me if I got this all wrong, like I said I just started reading the rules last night (and I was tired when I started). These are just my initial thoughts.

By the way I like the character creation portions of what I read so far!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You keep the fractions. Generally the smallest fraction you see is 1/12 GB so it is not that messy. If your using a computer to help with the bookkeeping it is somewhat easier to just round to an easy decimal [1/3=.3 1/6=.7 1/12=.1 etc]. Compared to the old system having constant income really cuts down on bookkeeping and makes it easier to plan a domain's finances.

Downloads
    Uploads

GBs collection

I wrote a macro in Excel to help keep track of this. I'd like to post it to the downloads section and see if someone can check it for accuracy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Excel domain sheet

I think I managed to post the file named Book1.xls to the downloads section. If anyone is using the new rules (3.5) please check it out and tell me if I need to fix any formulas.

Just a suggestion: has the possibility of (say) multiplying all the GB costs and income by 12 been considered?

That would remove the fractions, I believe. If it bothered you that 2000gp does not evenly divide by 12, just make it 2400gp.

Thread Information