Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

[B. The Gorgon's alliance] Tuornen the "evil" kingdom

Usually when I play with Birthright the Gorgon's alliance at least one kingdom joins the gorgon (provinces,leader,castle,army).Sometimes is Sielwode or Thurazor but very often is TUORNEN.
    Why?The duchess has a neutral alignment.Is a bug of the game?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would assume that it is random which realm joins the Gorgon - I had not only those you mentioned but also Talienie or even Boeruine join the Gorgon in some games.
    Michael Romes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, it is totally random. It's a feature of the game that some realm always joins up with the Gorgon. Either it's a fit of madness or mental domination by Stone Butt. Regardless, there is always 1 realm that swears that Raesene is the true and rightful Emperor of Anuire.

Silly regent!

It's fun, because then you have a really good reason to kill this realm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One time when i was playing Alamie my vassal Thurazor joins the Gorgon,but because I have offered a province to Thurazor just one turn before,Thurazor's reign doesn't disappeared and I gained an immortal vassal (the king that I have to kill because is a Gorgon's servant,but in the diplomatic panel is counted as still alive still my vassal).

However I noticed other "unions" between the reigns:Illien very often disappear because is like "bought" by another regent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the game always takes a country near yours, thats it...
    but it is right it is often Tuornen for it is a center realm.
    lol
    it is a good game but i would love a completed birthright game on PC with ALL the map
    im dreaming

Birthright is THE game for the real players...

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far as I can tell it's random, but the une that usually joins the stony side is Avanil. Just imagine as a GM in a regular tabletop game explaining this to your players. "Seing that he could not claim the throne for himself, he decided to back the more direct claimant...". He'd side with Bourine before Raesene ('though it might be a close thing ;-)
    Doyle

Downloads
    Uploads
    youre right its random
    BUT consider that the computer always choose a realm near you
    for IT wants the new realm to be your first ennemy
    Tuornen is always choosed because it is in the center of the Hearthlands, close at hand. And why do the gorgon never choosed avanil and boeruine in so many games i played?
    because i never choosed domains in the far south; its always better to fight Gorgon (so i always take a north realm); the game is better.
    When you play in the north, sometimes the gorgon takes tuarhievel; thats a great match for cariele (if you like this domain)
    In definitive, the game only wants you to take part of the battle with Gorgon as soon as possible; thats why the interface choose a domain near yours; only to slip you into the game quickly
    lol

Birthright is THE game for the real players...

Thread Information