Downloads
    Uploads

Blood score/divine rank

I don't know if this has been discussed before but how would bloodlines translate into divine ranks. I.E. How many blood points should one have to ascend to DR 1 for example. Those of true bloodline are already some sort of demigods for example, no?

Perhaps it would be good if we could make some sort of rule on how many blood points a lesser, intermediate or a greater god has. Well, just a thought

Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be argued that all scions are demigods as they have the blood of the gods in them. I would say that to become an actual god that they need worship and that it does not require a true bloodline although I know others feel differently. Then there is the old question of whether the divine magic comes from the scion or from a god that grants the powers.

There are a large number of awnshe/ehrshe who are worshiped as gods and a number of those grant spells.

With that background out of the way I dont know if you could attach a bloodline to one of the true gods the gorgon has well over a hundred but is no where near the gods so it wouldn't be practicle to represent. More work and decisions on how scions become gods would be good along with possible necessary steps (maybe they need immortality or some other blood ability). List have previously been made of the scions who are worshiped as gods but they could be added to the pantheon or part on the gods in the brcs (There could be more mentioned on the humanoid pantheons too).
    MORNINGSTAR

Gods

"Just as a deity gains strength from the faith of his followers, so too do regents gain strength from the loyalty of thier subjects."

Can't remember where it says that, I think in the original rulebook. Belief, and faith in the scion would be a determinant of Godhood certainly. I think regency would be a factor in spell-granting as well. Didn't it say somewhere that if a follower misuses granted spells, that a regent will immediately lose regency?

I'd say as a general outline, that at least somewhere around 400 or so people, with devotion much like priests, worshipping a character as a God, would be required before a character could even achieve the ability to grant spells(which basically gives him official Demi-God status). For each level thereafter, I'd say at least 10 to 100x the followers would be required for the character to gain such strength. Take for example the Greater Gods. They're all Patrons of a certain region. And dieties such as Nesire, with her race gone, have actually lost power(intermediate goddess).

Just some ideas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All those scions said to be worshipped as a god seem to have large followings and have a great bloodline at least.

Does being a god cost them anyhting has always been an interesting argument must they sacrifice blood abilities and feets to be able to grant spells. Or maybe use spells like imbue with spell ability to grant their followers spells (sacrifing spells).

I think it would be interesting if scion gods had a greater yoyo effect from regency. As a god they are supposed to be better than others and so when they fail suffer a greater loss but they compensate with the possibility of greater regency from beliefs of an after life and miracles acredited to them which could increase their regency.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Robbie wrote: "I don't know if this has been discussed before but how would bloodlines translate into divine ranks. I.E. How many blood points should one have to ascend to DR 1 for example. Those of true bloodline are already some sort of demigods for example, no?
    Perhaps it would be good if we could make some sort of rule on how many blood points a lesser, intermediate or a greater god has. Well, just a thought"

I don`t know why it would help anybody to know how many Bloodpoint you need to become a God? I think becomming a real God(one with Divine Rank) should not be in the reach of Players.

The Gorgon is a good example for a Divine Rank 0 God/deity, in Deity and Demigods someone like that is called a Quasi/herodeity.
    A Demideity is something more Powerfull, much more Powerful.
    The Gorgon was not able to become a Demigod and he started with a true Bloodline and a very Bloodscore. And he is the Master of Bloodtheft and the Biggest Regent in Cerellia for more than one and a Half Millenia.

To become a quasideity you should have at least a great(better true) Bloodline and a Bloodlinescore higher than 100 Bloodpoints.

For a Demigod i think it should be at least a true Bloodline and a Bloodlinescore higher than 1000 Bloodpoints.

This is nearly unreachable for everybody but the becoming a God is not Prohibited by a rule and others ascended to Godhood and everybody knows this. The only thing you need is time and luck.

If we don´t talk about how to become something like in Deity and Demigods described but still something like a God, the everybody who can grant spell should be regarded as demigod.
    I found three Charackters in Cerellia which are able to do this(or there is a rumor about this): The Gorgon, the Serpent and the Mummy.

The Serpent: is able to sponsor the Clercy of his own temple(Spell from 0-6)
    The: Gorgon: is whorshipped by the Hand of Azrai an She gets spell like a very high ranking Clerik.
    The Mummy: gets Clerikspells like a 20th level Clerik.(only himself)

The Serpent and the Gorgon have both a true Bloodline and aceppted Bloodform.
    The Mummy has only a major Bloodline but accepted a Bloodform.

I Suggest that Everybody who accept a Bloodform or an Bloodtrait and has at least a major Bloodline can grant himself Spells.
    Everybody who has a true Bloodline(great maybe[with high Bloodscore]) can grant Spell to others(0-6 perhaps more).

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    Actually, it's up to 5th level. The source of the magic is unknown. The faithful believe it is the divinity of the Serpent, but scholars think otherwise. If the Serpent is a true god, why are his followers limited to 5th level? How can he grant spells while other more powerful awnsheglien cannot?

It is left up to the individual DM as to whether he's a god or not- it is never definitively stated anywhere.

The: Gorgon: is whorshipped by the Hand of Azrai an She gets spell like a very high ranking Clerik.
    No, the Hand of Azrai is a cleric of Azrai, Belinik and Kriesha. The Gorgon does not grant or cast cleric spells.

From where do you get this? In what source does the Mummy appear? Is this canon?

I Suggest that Everybody who accept a Bloodform or an Bloodtrait and has at least a major Bloodline can grant himself Spells.
    Everybody who has a true Bloodline(great maybe[with high Bloodscore]) can grant Spell to others(0-6 perhaps more).
    I think that would ruin the flavor of the setting. Nearly every awnshegh would be able to cast spells. Do you really want the Boar casting cleric spells? Awnsheghlien have the essence of the old gods in their blood, but they are not themselves gods.

-Fizz
    Last edited by Fizz; 04-01-2006 at 04:43 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fizz wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter

Actually, it's up to 5th level. The source of the magic is unknown. The faithful believe it is the divinity of the Serpent, but scholars think otherwise. If the Serpent is a true god, why are his followers limited to 5th level? How can he grant spells while other more powerful awnsheglien cannot?

It is left up to the individual DM as to whether he's a god or not- it is never definitively stated anywhere.

Quote:

No, the Hand of Azrai is a cleric of Azrai, Belinik and Kriesha. The Gorgon does not grant or cast cleric spells.

Quote:

From where do you get this? In what source does the Mummy appear? Is this canon?

I don´t know if the Mummy is Canon, i downloaded it several years ago from Birthright.net it was listed together with other Awshegs like the Gorgon and Rhuobhe.

The Hand of Azrai gets her Spell from Azrai?[i thought(don´t remeber where i read it she gets her spells because she prays to the Gorgon as the purest Succesor of Azrai, for her the Gorgon is the Reincarnation or something like that of Azrai].

The followers of the Serpent get Spells 5th or 6th level is not important, they get them and the Serpent claims to be in Contact with other Serpent Gods from all over the Multiverse. Its the Dm decision hat he is doing with this.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    The Hand of Azrai gets her Spell from Azrai?[i thought(don´t remeber where i read it she gets her spells because she prays to the Gorgon as the purest Succesor of Azrai, for her the Gorgon is the Reincarnation or something like that of Azrai].
    Well, she's a priest of Azrai. But Azrai is gone, so the the spells must be coming from Belinik and Kreisha, (who are of course the primary inhertors of Azrai's power).

The followers of the Serpent get Spells 5th or 6th level is not important, they get them and the Serpent claims to be in Contact with other Serpent Gods from all over the Multiverse. Its the Dm decision hat he is doing with this.
    Yup, many plot ideas can be explored through this mystery. All i meant to say earlier was that it's not certain that he's the one granting divine spells.

-Fizz
    Last edited by Fizz; 04-01-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember in 2nd ed they didn't have a distinction called "divine" and "arcane" for spells.

They mostly referred to "divine" spells as clerical ones.

Also the amount of strength a "regent" gets from his followers/subjects/land is reflected in the regency he has (i.e, RP).

This is not directly tied to strength (tainted through true) - the strength was determined by how close (physically and philosophically) the scion was to the god from which he received his derivation at the time of the death of the god.

Allowances have been shown due to heredity.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information