Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By Joev!!!

Those are stunning! Amazing! Fantastic! I am now speechless!

<moment of speechlessness>

Whew! Great work! How long did it take you to produce such images? And what were you using to produce them? Do you have plans to make more?

thank you for your moment of speechlessness benjamin ;o)
    i use photoshop to melt pictures of the model with pictures of countryside. It doesn't take so much time in fact, and it's not so difficult if you have already used this program. The model take me much more time, but now it's done. I'm still working on the island. But for now, i'm trying to describe his history and peculiaritys. I also work on my priest's temple and organisation.
    thanks again for your appreciation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Joev,

It looks really good, I've had an idea to do some similar 3d models of the main land of cerilia but I need to finish some other projects first that are leading up to that. The Island of Ghosts looks really good. how did you go about texturing the model?
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I didn't ask the question I really wanted to know: what do you use to model the map in the first place? It looks like it took TONS of time to just make the model. I agree, once you have the model are are simply manipulating it with Photoshop, it isn't long/hard at all.

How did i made it...?
    Firstly, i made the map in 2D, the one i draw with color pens. At that time i didn't think to make a model of it, but i already draw "level lines" "level curves" (you can see them on "carte île des fantômes petit format). Each of this curve represent 100 meters. The highest montain of the island : "le mont de la raison" is 1440 meters high, so i made 15 level line.
    Then i thought to make a model from that map. I choose a scale of 1cm on the map = 2km in the game. That mean 0,5cm = 100meters. All i have to do was to found some carteboard of 0,5cm thickness to make each of the 15 level.
    At that point, i made 15 carteboards copys of the 2D map and star to cut out each the 15 level curves. that made 15 silhouettes from the whole island. From the first 100meters level curve, to littles pieces of carteboard for the top of the montains. Then i stick all of this 0,5cm carteboard maps in one. I also put a fine layer of plaster for a smooth surface. All i have to do then, was to paint the model with acrylic.

The system of construction is quite heavy, specially the cut out of the 15 maps :/
    But this system have the advantage to give a right scale map. so the final view is the one ours flyings caracters could see from a point above the sea...;o)
    That why, taking pictures from the model was really fun )

I hope you'll understand the process.
    I'll try in the next days, to bring pictures of the rest of those 15 level carteboards maps, so you could understant easier.
    Don't hesitate to ask me more questions.
    Last edited by joev; 05-06-2006 at 07:27 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy

Hells

and

Haelyn's

beard.

That's quite impressive! True diligence and devotion to a project. AWESOME!

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Nothing Special

In the BR campaign I am a part of, the Isle is empty, but has become a province of another domain and now has a shipyard and castle, but I think that anything could be done there as long as size and location considered. I think the place got its name probably for the impact it had on shipping/ships (sinkings) and perhaps some "evil" that may cause this issue. But that is just a theory.
    ---
    Weaving The Diamond In Your Soul...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow.....

Joev.....

You're great!

Thread Information