Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Island of Ghosts... any thoughts?

Today, I finally received my Player's Secrets of Ariya (only 1 domain pack, endier, and about three dragon mag articles left before my collection is complete) and i was intruiged by the "Isle of the Ghosts." It really isn't mentioned in the books, though they've mapped it nicely there. Pretty much it's got two ruins "Bozburun" and "Fadkami" some hills down the middle and not much else... no forests or plains, just emptiness. The ruins sound a bit Masetian to my ear, certainly not Basarji.

I was wondering if anyone has used the Isle or has ideas for it? I was thinking about an awnsegh called "the Ghost," but the island is "Ghosts" plural and it does seem a bit played out to have every spot named after some awnsegh. But for some reason, no-one has settled there and it remains empty. Something happened to those villages and there certainly needs to be ghosts on it. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whew! It's been a long time since I've read that player's realm book, but I'll give you my ideas from what I remember.

It was a fairly active place back in Masetian times, thus the temples and such. Alas, Deismaar pretty much wiped out the Masetians, and they went into steep decline. The Basarji overwhelmed their mainland states, and for whatever reason, the island was missed - probably because there was so much land on the mainland, why deal with a tiny island so far away?

Anyway, the Masetians that were there got massacred in some final raid by Basarji raiders. They took what they wanted, left, and it was abandoned. The final Masetians all rose up from the dead to avenge their murders, and thus haunt the island. Any sailors in the ensuing years who stopped were either attacked by the ghosts trying to drive away the invaders, or saw the ghosts and ran. News of the haunting spread, and pretty soon no one would want to go there unless absolutely necessary, and then only to get away as fast as possible.

That's what I remember.

Now as for being the home for an awnsheghlien, I don't think it's that great a place. It is already haunted, and as you pointed out, there is nothing there. It's a desert island. I guess you could say that the awnie got marooned there, but that isn't much fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I remember in the Kinashi-Sourcebook "City of the Sun" there was an adventure dedicated to the island. Included is also a little map and some locations.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrai
    As far as I remember in the Kinashi-Sourcebook "City of the Sun" there was an adventure dedicated to the island. Included is also a little map and some locations.
    Cities of the Sun uses an island (proper name is the Island of Khoufayla) in the adventure Coils of the Serpent. It's empty except for jungle animals, the temple, and some ghosts and specters at the temple. No awnsheghlien.

-Fizz
    Last edited by Fizz; 03-24-2006 at 10:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

ISle of Ghosts

Khoufayla and the Isle of Ghosts are two seperate islands. Khoufayla is farther to the southeast, pretty much due south of the city of Mesire. You can see them both on the Khinasi map from Cities of the Sun.

(Well, i'm french and I'm not so sure of my English, so please, apologize. Thanks)

I use to play a Avanalae Priest in my brother's campaign. This campaign is played in the Anuirean section of Cerilia but, for some reasons, my priest have decide to settle in the Island of the Ghosts in hope to find a place where he won't be find... So I try to do something about the only map of the Island of ghosts we can find in the Player's Secrets of Ariya.
    Today, I've got a more detailed map i've made. but the problem is that i'm not sure how to bring it in this forum, and if i can...? I also made a model of this Island from wich I've taken pictures.
    In fact, i'm trying to describe this island in a little text i'm still working on it.
    For me, I see the island as a potential province or even a domain. I'am working on a possible colonization by a sect of an Avanalae's church, which is called "the order" or "the order of the fourth cercle".

Don't hesitate to ask me for some détails if you are interested in those things

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have the pictures saved as files on your computer, you can attach them to a reply. You can reply to this thread, and when you are on the screen where you can type your message, if you scroll down, there is a box labelled "Additional Options", you can click the button labelled "Manage Attachements". That will bring up a screen where you can browse your harddrive for the files and attach them for all to see.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

thanks for the hint Ausrick!
    Unfortunatly, it's seems that it is not possible to bring larger pictures than 195KB...So if anyone want some documents of what i made, please send me a message at (joevermaut@yahoo.fr). I will be please to send you back some larger files.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads

wow

joev... that is an incredible map and model you've made there. You redefine "domain loyalty" with this type of commitment. Do you have a background in modelling and map drawing? They're beautiful. Did you model out any other realms?

Thank you for those nice words, Satchkep45. In fact, i made some studies in drawing just like you thought, but i didn't make so much things of interest. I don't really made drawings of any other domain because, every things i've made so far, was for the only caractere i've got in the Birthright's world.

But be sure that I'm at your disposal if you want more than what i posted here so far. I would be glad to give you all i made about the Island of Ghosts. There is still some map and model pictures. I can also give you what i wrote about it, but everything is in french unfortunatly. I'm still working on that. So each time i'll get some new things, i'll post them right here for those who are interested in this little piece of earth.
    In the same time, don't hesitate to send here (or on my mail) what you've got on this subject. That could be some kind of help for me, thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information